Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey i have a question for the ones running the beta software(4.2,4.3,4.4)....im currently running 4.3 and we i go to spool up at the line i can only build about 14psi and it sounds like im running a trans brake....i have tried 4.2 and it does the same thing...almost tempted to try ppe but with all the problems there having not sure what im going to do.....any ideas???.....might have to try tnt-r?

· Registered
4,129 Posts
Had same problem, I forgot what it was going on. But I solved it somehow. I can't recall what the problem was. I was thinking it being a torque converter. Me and another guy with Goerend converters were having the problem.

· Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I though it was to but when i tried tnt i could build plenty of boost....but it would pop when it shifted and i tried it with out timing and it still did it...

· Premium Member
19,670 Posts
I had the same problem with the newer betas. The TNT-R eliminated the issue.

Are you running large injectors?

· Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same problem with the newer betas. The TNT-R eliminated the issue.

Are you running large injectors?
Im running stock injectors for now...trying to decide what size i want to run

· Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine was fine with TNT too,think it started shaking after 10psi.Haven't tried it with new setup.I tried it on my truck,when it had a built tranny only.
Yep starts shaking around 10psi....no power in first until i hit second gear than i have twice the power almost sound like my truck grew 12 move valves :banghead:

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
are you running anything else for electronics? I'll be adding a TST to my setup as soon as I get it reprogrammed to see if it fixes my lame first gear. I get that feeling that as my truck shifts through the gears it gets faster just as you describe too.

· Premium Member
19,670 Posts
no power in first until i hit second gear
Exactly what I experienced with the newer beta. But minus the shake and the pop.

I did have the pop with the TNT-R, but switching the timing to 3 solved that. In my case, I believe the Large injectors were part of the pop caused by timing, that is why I was curious as to which injectors you have.

· Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
are you running anything else for electronics? I'll be adding a TST to my setup as soon as I get it reprogrammed to see if it fixes my lame first gear. I get that feeling that as my truck shifts through the gears it gets faster just as you describe too.
Just running a pressure box....been looking at a tst too....i might wait to see what your results are.

· Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Exactly what I experienced with the newer beta. But minus the shake and the pop.

I did have the pop with the TNT-R, but switching the timing to 3 solved that. In my case, I believe the Large injectors were part of the pop caused by timing, that is why I was curious as to which injectors you have.
I read some where that the tnt-r dosent pop as easy on the earlier models like tnt.....actually as im thinking about it when i do a 2wd launch with 4.3 it wount even spin...but when i used tnt a 2wd launch at 10psi it would spin through 2nd gear

· Registered
1,024 Posts
Not trying to highjack the thread. But what size injectors do you want to start going with 3 or so on timing? I haven't had a pop yet or anything but I am curious

· Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its only a problem for 03-04 trucks

· Registered
4,129 Posts
I know its something to do with Torque Management and Fueling. I will be going through my notes tomorrow and let you know what I did to resolve it. I can't recall.

On TNT or TNT/r. Mine feels like that unless I have TQ on 2 or higher. and Shift Defuel mode.

· Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know its something to do with Torque Management and Fueling. I will be going through my notes tomorrow and let you know what I did to resolve it. I can't recall.

On TNT or TNT/r. Mine feels like that unless I have TQ on 2 or higher. and Shift Defuel mode.
ok let me know how you fixed it....thanks

· Registered
501 Posts
OK i have Beta 4.2 now my 2003 will the TNT Revo run any better? I was told once you put tnt revo on the programmer you cant get it off? Thanks for the help

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
TNT won't run any better. And it is the trucks ECM that has a problem with going back to beta, not the smarty. :thumbsup: You really need a turbo upgrade to be burning all the fuel even that program will be putting out.

· Premium Member
919 Posts
Had same problem, I forgot what it was going on. But I solved it somehow. I can't recall what the problem was. I was thinking it being a torque converter. Me and another guy with Goerend converters were having the problem.
It's not the converter.....

The problem is the ECM limiting power in first gear. Bullydog calls it Torque Management and Smarty calls it Shift limiting. The beta programs don't have the setting to allow this to be disabled. The TNT software lets us shut it off by killing the gear selector on the dash. The BD RAD box would let us do this also by killing the whole dash when you turn it on.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.