Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellas, which program am i running. Is this the basic mild toqure managment?

Ive got it on my early 04 and the power is ok. Min to no smoke which is ok except for when i want it to.

What program should i run on my truck? Ive got the 4.2 but im kinda hesatant to load it up. Dont know if it would be too violant or not. What do yall recomend?

·
Registered
305 Posts
4.2 Is am awesome tune. One of my personal favorites. I say try it and see. It is not super explosive off the line, but its got good mid and top end power. It will be a a different animal on your 06 from the 04. Very heavy on the fuel and low torque management, touchy throttle. You can get used to it though. I drove that tune for a year straight.

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
Yes, the skinny pedal is VERY touchy! Not good for driving on a bumpy road. Buts it is an awesome tune.

This was on my 07, not sure what it would be like on your 04 though.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
X2 on touch ee! I like it cause it doesnt pop, but i need more a$$ on the bottom end. I run it on 9/no mp8 and get decent mpg s. With the mp8 i get to much timming rattle with any # its on. Excellant for smoke though. I wish Bob would reply on updates for us 03 and early 04 guys. Really love the Beta options, just cant shake the popping.

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How would it be on a 6 speed? Purty touchey. How long you thing the stock clutch would last when driving with some sense?

·
Bubbles
1,237 Posts
Really touchy with a manual. Its gonna be tuff on your clutch too. Even on level one which is about 150 hp. 4.3 is much better for daily driving.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes 4.2 will be a challenge on your clutch. If you can get your hands on 4.3 it had roughly the same fueling, but more torque management built back in. Less touchy for sure.

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
who is Jimbo? Is there a new guy at Mads/Smarty?

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your help fellas.

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bob, what is the beta 4.11? I thought it was the basic "Mild TQ Management" but i could be wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts