Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No Flames, I'm new and learning:hyper:

From what I've read everyone loves their Smarty and its undetectable (some disagree). A shop here in Colorado Springs was trying to sell me on a Banks 6-gun, won't void warrenty. I'm not sure I believe him. I think I like the idea of shifting settings on the fly, but not sure. The 6-gun w/PDA will cover the monitoring requirements (instead of gauges) Thinking of putting a cab over camper and towing a boat. Looking for some ideas/thoughs from those who know.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
you're gonna hear smarty, smarty, and smarty lol get gauges tho, mike

·
Registered
470 Posts
well, try and say that banks isn't over priced or that you can't get more for your money someplace else.:popcorn:
:agree2: yup

·
Registered
465 Posts
well I have banks 6gun/pda and the smarty, and I'd say that if your looking for a safe power banks is the way to go and you wont be dissapointed , and change on the fly is nice but if looking for big power and smoke smarty is the way to go but it comes at a price tranny up grade is a must .:peelout . I've dynoed with just banks and put down 375hp and 990tq no smoke 1200 egts , havent dyno with smarty.

·
Registered
470 Posts
bigo what year is your truck?

·
Registered
180 Posts
As you can see by my sig. I to have the banks sys. Banks told me before I bought it that the other tuners on the market will make more power, but banks will offer more continous power with there air flow improvments. As for the stealrship, they will always blame your mods for any issue you have. Our hands are tied when trying to argue the point. Anyway........I have no complaints about Banks. And have had great customer service....before and after the sale:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Some dealers i have heard dont have a problem with banks because they know it is designed with safety in mind

·
Registered
465 Posts
its a 2005 3500 dodge ram

·
Registered
470 Posts
oh, any other mods? or maybe fill out ur sig? just wonderin' i haven't been on the rollers yet, thanks

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I vote SMARTY, I have ran many others and this thing ROCKS, if you want more "safe" power my vote would go for the edge juice with attitude, it is just as good, IMHO better then the banks, it has all the safety build in, backs down power for tranny slip, high boost or egts, monitors almost anything you want, has turbo timmer, etc...

·
Registered
470 Posts
I vote SMARTY, I have ran many others and this thing ROCKS, if you want more "safe" power my vote would go for the edge juice with attitude, it is just as good, IMHO better then the banks, it has all the safety build in, backs down power for tranny slip, high boost or egts, monitors almost anything you want, has turbo timmer, etc...
yes, there it is. i totally agree. mine is very nice. with the safety and lvl #6 i can roll some coal too:woot:

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,023 Posts
:agree2: Smarty all the way.

·
Registered
465 Posts
heres my info I hope it helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts