Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Smarty bailed on me HELP!!!

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  jmd025 
#1 ·
So I bought a smarty ran the catcher for a couple of days. Everything ran good and I was fairly pleased with it . Exept that I wanted more power, so i downloaded the TNT. After changing the torque management and vgt it went to go through writing memory and then said turn key to off and press '>' so I did then it said turn key on and press '>' so I did. Then it said connecting please wait so I did then it kept doing this whole cycle. So I called Bob and he said to unpug the batteries for a 1/2 hr and it still goes through the same cycle? I have tried to unplug my air dog (incase it is drawing to much power), put my fluke meter on the batteriesand they are at 12.8, checked the fuses and looked at the obdII port wires and plug. I didn't change any mods and it was writing tunes just fine lastnight. I guess I will have to wait for Marco or maybe someone has had this same problem and can help me. Oh it also has the check engine light on after this ordeal it starts and runs good I just don't want to drive it.

#5 · (Edited)
23me TNT catcher #4 and I was going to load up catcher #5. Which I should have gone straight to #7:doh:

#4 ·
From this description it sounds like you had not yet connected to the truck to do the load. You had just done the changes in the terminal.
hmmm thats strange try to reload tnt on your tuner then try to tune again
That would be my suggestion as well. Or- Go back to the normal Smarty version you had prior to see if it loads OK.

I sometimes forget to unplug my PMT that is sharing the OBD2 port with a Y cable. I will get the connecting message forever until I remember to remove the PMT and unplug the Smarty and start over. The Smarty needs sole access to the ECM for uploads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.