Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a smarty ran the catcher for a couple of days. Everything ran good and I was fairly pleased with it . Exept that I wanted more power, so i downloaded the TNT. After changing the torque management and vgt it went to go through writing memory and then said turn key to off and press '>' so I did then it said turn key on and press '>' so I did. Then it said connecting please wait so I did then it kept doing this whole cycle. So I called Bob and he said to unpug the batteries for a 1/2 hr and it still goes through the same cycle? I have tried to unplug my air dog (incase it is drawing to much power), put my fluke meter on the batteriesand they are at 12.8, checked the fuses and looked at the obdII port wires and plug. I didn't change any mods and it was writing tunes just fine lastnight. I guess I will have to wait for Marco or maybe someone has had this same problem and can help me. Oh it also has the check engine light on after this ordeal it starts and runs good I just don't want to drive it.

3,180 Posts
hmmm thats strange try to reload tnt on your tuner then try to tune again

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,489 Posts
So I bought a smarty ran the catcher for a couple of days. Everything ran good and I was fairly pleased with it . Exept that I wanted more power, so i downloaded the TNT. After changing the torque management and vgt it went to go through writing memory and then said turn key to off and press '>' so I did then it said turn key on and press '>' so I did. Then it said connecting please wait so I did then it kept doing this whole cycle. So I called Bob and he said to unpug the batteries for a 1/2 hr and it still goes through the same cycle? I have tried to unplug my air dog (incase it is drawing to much power), put my fluke meter on the batteriesand they are at 12.8, checked the fuses and looked at the obdII port wires and plug. I didn't change any mods and it was writing tunes just fine lastnight. I guess I will have to wait for Marco or maybe someone has had this same problem and can help me. Oh it also has the check engine light on after this ordeal it starts and runs good I just don't want to drive it.
From this description it sounds like you had not yet connected to the truck to do the load. You had just done the changes in the terminal.
hmmm thats strange try to reload tnt on your tuner then try to tune again
That would be my suggestion as well. Or- Go back to the normal Smarty version you had prior to see if it loads OK.

I sometimes forget to unplug my PMT that is sharing the OBD2 port with a Y cable. I will get the connecting message forever until I remember to remove the PMT and unplug the Smarty and start over. The Smarty needs sole access to the ECM for uploads.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What me file were you running, and what TNT file did you try loading?
23me TNT catcher #4 and I was going to load up catcher #5. Which I should have gone straight to #7:doh:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You completely missed the point! Ran had stated one time his truck was at its strongest on tnt sw1 and anything above that was alot of smoke. Speaking from experience less is more :thumbsup:. Now me personally I have used both Smarty tnt and my bm, and my truck just prefers the bm, and I tinker with my Smarty on 23tnt every so often. But hell I guaran-damn-tee your NOT HOLDING rp above sw1 on tnt with just an 85% pump! :buttkick: but if you are you must have the revos turned all the way down, which in all due respect defeats the purpose! I'm just saying you said you should have went straight to sw7 tnt and obviously your jumping the gun a tad and throwing too much tuning that you CANNOT SUPPORT at it. AGAIN less is more!
Huh that's funny because it pulls harder on #4 than it did on #1. But you could be right about the settings:confused013:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You completely missed the point! Ran had stated one time his truck was at its strongest on tnt sw1 and anything above that was alot of smoke. Speaking from experience less is more :thumbsup:. Now me personally I have used both Smarty tnt and my bm, and my truck just prefers the bm, and I tinker with my Smarty on 23tnt every so often. But hell I guaran-damn-tee your NOT HOLDING rp above sw1 on tnt with just an 85% pump! :buttkick: but if you are you must have the revos turned all the way down, which in all due respect defeats the purpose! I'm just saying you said you should have went straight to sw7 tnt and obviously your jumping the gun a tad and throwing too much tuning that you CANNOT SUPPORT at it. AGAIN less is more!
So I just got off the phone with RAN and you need to get your facts straight. He likes running lower setting do to drivability for one. Two with his race truck it runs faster which he has different mods and you should know that different trucks with different mods with the same tunes run way different. So with all the settings I'm going to run torque 4, vgt 2,3 or four. I do hold rail with those settings and I'm not so stupid to where I'm going to starve a $1600 pump. Where did you get the ideah that I wanted your opinion :buttkick::spank:

·
Registered
19 Posts
obviously you guys are much advanced from where i am now... have an 04.5 quad cab,4x4,fass 150,5" tbe,cai, smarty sr s06 pod. just hooked up smarty 2nite. DAMN!!! anyway set it on sw 5,tm 2,it 4, rp-2. drove it and G.D. its like a whole new truck. but got back and thought of my stock trans(auto) and dialed it back to 70%. would like to know your thoughts on my set up and how to tune for best mpg.i keep reading about keeping rpm below 1600 but must be stick shift guys cuz mine does 56 mph at 1600!!!not good on our freeways, get you run over or at least cut off.

·
Mule Barn Proprietor
10,673 Posts
Who wants infractions???:badidea::rules::hornet:

You guys calm down and discuss. Next personal attack may get some time off the tinker with thier Smarty setting more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts