Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have 2004.5 cummins with the 48re tranny. Im wanting to get a smarty pretty bad but I'm sure my tranny wont hold up to it. I have been thinking about getting a goerend triple disk torque converter, valve body, and maybe a input shaft. Do you guys think this would work? And with this done, what would be the highest level on the smarty i could run and not have to worry about things?

·
Premium Member
15,581 Posts
FYI, this is the result of 30-60 HP over stock power and 40k miles. Do the mods sooner rather than later. ;)

New type of steel. Its wavy to take up extra slack in the stack.

Uh oh! More parts to replace!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice!!:beer
I wish i had pics of my first one. i killed it at 9K. but then again i dont take it off of #9. the tec said they were beating my front drum on the ground trying to get it to seperate. there was nothing they could reuse to rebuild the trans so i got a new one from the factory.

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,432 Posts
Way to kill that tranny!!:thud: deereseason48, you should be good for #9, with the mods you are going with, as long as you dont do to many boosted launches. That is a sure way to send the shafts out the door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts