Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What setting is the best settings for mileage and power. Currently I have been running it on SW9 and about 25% on the MP-8. Need some help.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Bringing this one back to life. Wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
809 Posts
lol same? i just downloaded the TNT and im buying the mp8 tommoro. just wondering what is the best track setting for a truck with a lift pump but stock turbo, cp3 and sticks lol looking for loooooooow 13's or high 12's would be amazing

·
Registered
809 Posts
What setting is the best settings for mileage and power. Currently I have been running it on SW9 and about 25% on the MP-8. Need some help.
i see that u dont have a cp3 how is everything holding up cause once i get my mp8 i will have close to everything u do minus the turbo and injectors

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just have Revo but am wanting an MP-8. good or bad?

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I dont have a cp3 mod yet. I dont have a rail pressure gauge either. I just put my mp-8 on so I havent used it yet. Im a little worried about rail pressure I think I might be draining it so until I get a gauge I am taking it easy.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Get a rail psi gauge and a fuel psi gauge. You can then set the MP-8 by looking at the rail psi. Fuel psi is to make sure your getting what you need at the inlet of the cp3. very important no to use the mp-8 like a smoke machine. You will damage your injectors, that really goes for any pressure box.

·
Valair Clutch
2,342 Posts
running stock everything with the smarty tnt , mp8 i made 530 but only went 14.3 because of my lift and being a 6spd. i was running sw9 torq 4 timeing 2 rp 1 and the mp8 on about 80%. but get your rp guage to keep an eye on it andif nothing else get a arson kit so itll help your cp 3 out

guys hope this helps. for mileage i was just turning the torque down to 2 and running it that way with the mp8 turnd down all the way. and got pretty good mileage for being as big of a truck and on stock gears with 37's

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Good info thanks smoke machine.

·
Registered
999 Posts
running stock everything with the smarty tnt , mp8 i made 530 but only went 14.3 because of my lift and being a 6spd. i was running sw9 torq 4 timeing 2 rp 1 and the mp8 on about 80%. but get your rp guage to keep an eye on it andif nothing else get a arson kit so itll help your cp 3 out

guys hope this helps. for mileage i was just turning the torque down to 2 and running it that way with the mp8 turnd down all the way. and got pretty good mileage for being as big of a truck and on stock gears with 37's
I tried sw7,tq2, rp1, and felt like a dog starting off a stop light which I felt would burn up more fuel. I set the tq back up to 4 and leave the lights with barely touching the pedal, and if needed to shoot a ricer down, it's loaded.

I'm running 32'' tires btw with 3.73's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts