Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't personally opened my actuator motor, so I don't know exactly what it looks like inside...but for those that have read the S67ME delete instructions, is there any reason to be concerned for the long-term "life-span" of the actuator motor being open(exposed to the elements)? It seems like moisture and dust could get into the actuator motor and ruin it after time. I am sure that its design intent was to be "sealed from the elements". Just curious. Still can't wait to get the smarty:headbang:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Put electrical tape over the opening if you care about dust getting in there.

Non issue.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Agreed no big deal. Marco said at some point we won't need the actuator motor, but for now this is how it needs to go.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
Maybe no big deal in nice climate. Big deal in Canada with rain, and snow. Water and open electronics don't mix. Poof!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Maybe no big deal in nice climate. Big deal in Canada with rain, and snow. Water and open electronics don't mix. Poof!
The EGR actuator motor is under the hood, so you shouldnt have to worry bout snow, ice and rain getting up in there too much. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
So the Smarty dosen't allow for the removal of the Servo motor on-top of the EGR cooler, but the XRT does?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
The cooler motor is removed, the one on top of the intake is plugged in, minus the valve assembly that mounts to the horn.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
my egr actuator motor went in the trash. does evenyone have on they want to sell.
I thought I did the same but found it in the barn in the dirt. Someone on here wont be running a smarty, so they might sell.

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
So the Smarty dosen't allow for the removal of the Servo motor on-top of the EGR cooler, but the XRT does?
That is correct, you can remove everything on the intake horn, EGR & EGR cooler. The only thing I have hooked up on mine is the MAP sensor. Even the EGR EGT is unhooked.

·
Registered
859 Posts
ok, if the egr cooler still intact and egr is completely block off + dpf delete. anyone with smarty will not do anything but load the Smarty software, correct?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I do not believe you have to do the EGR cooler delete. It doesn't mention the EGR cooler anywhere in the instructions!

·
Registered
849 Posts

From what I read, if you do remove the servo motor with the Smarty, you will lose like 40 HP from limp mode. I called H&S and was told that the with the XRT, you won't lose any HP from removing the entire EGR.

·
Registered
468 Posts
ok i have an egr and cooler delete from k2, everything is gone except the servo which is zip tied outta the way. will the smarty work with this setup? what changes do i need to make

·
Registered
757 Posts
i have not read anything about losing 40 hp with unpluging the cooler motor with the smarty . now without the smarty or xrt if you unplug the servo motor then you will derate into limp mode

1 - 17 of 17 Posts