Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
World Champs!!!
24,243 Posts
Yes. Browns Diesel has a 6.7, aftermarket turbo (I forget which turbo it is) and a 48re with a Smarty. Theres a couple guys on the forum running other turbos on different tuning

In reality, you could run an aftermarket turbo on even stock tuning Im sure. I dont know if the computer has to see info from the VGT, but basically you would need to find the range of volts or whatever its sending the ECM and put a resistor of the same inline. Im no electrician, but that would be the gist of it. Again, thats only IF it needs to see the VGT

·
Registered
573 Posts
To the top so I can find out also. I know there is several guys with them and different turbos, maybe one will come on here and let us know.

·
Registered
418 Posts
yes im running an aftermarket turbo but i have codes out the a$$, truck runs great though but im trying to get it code free!

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
Yes you can run a after market turbo of your choice with the smarty. Not a issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.