Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a buddys smarty today to try out and it is v4.10 it runs a WHOLE lot harder then the predator/puck stack i had before. Only one problem I'm still throwing the over boost code and building 35-36 psi. So I assume i need to adjust my wastegate but will the turbo stock injector tune take care of the code problem?? And where can I get the beta version's and which one would be the best for towing heavy and get the best mileage???

Thanks for the help I am leaving out tom so help ASAP would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
get a boost fooler from quadzilla

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
What year is the truck? If its 04.5 or newer just download the new revo and disable the wastegate

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
how much for the smarty these days,also i have a bullydog tripledog right now would the mileage be better with the smarty i am getting 16 around town now?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Dont know what they are going for now I'm just using this one right now but will prolly buy it. Right at $600 I'm pretty sure

I had BD power pup when I 1st got the truck back in 05 and the Smarty doesn't seem to be as strong down low but pulls stronger and smoother on up through the band. The Predator was allot stronger Vs. the Smarty on the lower levels but from sw7 and up the smarty is ALOT stronger and retains good drivablity. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
They got rid of all the other softwares. Its just revo and revo tnt.. If you don't have a built trans and other mods go with the REVO. Its pretty much all the softwares and everything all in one and really smooth and nice.. Try it out

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just loaded Revo with timing on 2, rail pressure on 2, Tq management on 2, waste gate off on SW9. Doesn't feel as strong lost 2 psi but it didn't throw the code. Is this normal I thought the revo was suppose to be stronger?????

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
get a boost fooler from quadzilla
X2 thats the only way to get away from throwin goods

Just loaded Revo with timing on 2, rail pressure on 2, Tq management on 2, waste gate off on SW9. Doesn't feel as strong lost 2 psi but it didn't throw the code. Is this normal I thought the revo was suppose to be stronger?????
TNT is the strong one :thumbsup

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The revo with the waste gate off didn't throw any codes. But still doesn't feel as strong as v4.10 and lost 2-3 psi??? I have read the revo is all the programs in one think we can compose a list of which setting equal which versions and betas???

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
I have the same issue. Bob from smarty told me that the smarty did boost fooling but I get the same boost as i did stock......I am running the smarty with the revo version...

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I have the same issue. Bob from smarty told me that the smarty did boost fooling but I get the same boost as i did stock......I am running the smarty with the revo version...
what turbo program are you running with revo? if you choose the stock program youll get around the same boost numbers

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Hey StraightSix you got the 4.4 with the aftermarket turbo program and how agressive is it????
4.4 is really aggressive down low and not to bad on top but TNT is way stronger... I kept throwin overboost codes with my sps62.. only way to fix it is a boost fooler

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Might load the TNT tonight is it violent or smooth?? Sorry for so many questions but we have kinda close setups. Oh and how much boost you seeing??? Also did you notice a difference after the fooler or did it just keep the over boost code from popping up. Like i said When i turned the waste gate off it cured the code problem.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Might load the TNT tonight is it violent or smooth?? Sorry for so many questions but we have kinda close setups. Oh and how much boost you seeing??? Also did you notice a difference after the fooler or did it just keep the over boost code from popping up. Like i said When i turned the waste gate off it cured the code problem.
IMO its the smoothest program ive used!
my boost will spike to 45psi but at WOT 41psi 42psi is what i usually see... the fooler just kept the code from shuttin down the truck...

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have on my truck with silver 62 and smarty #9 tq 4 tm 2 rp 2 around 42 psi boost.

chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts