Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my dad a smarty for fathers day and im wondering what setting i should have him run it on? he has an 03 3500 with a k&n air intake system and an edge EZ set at 75 hp:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
25,764 Posts
SW3 on the Smarty and 2 on the EZ should be ok. Which software is on the Smarty and is the truck an auto or manual?

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SW3 on the Smarty and 2 on the EZ should be ok. Which software is on the Smarty and is the truck an auto or manual?
its an auto... maybe he doesnt have the edge EZ... he has an edge chip that isnt on the fly, you have to take a cover off of the actual chip and then set it there... its set at 75 hp

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so should he set it to 50hp or leave it at 75hp? and what setting on the smarty with either?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
as said above...any programs?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its the s-06 still in the original wrapping lol never been opened

·
Premium Member
25,764 Posts
its the s-06 still in the original wrapping lol never been opened
I don't want to give you bad info. There are several programs out for the Smarty, I'm not sure what comes on a new one today.
So barring it being something crazy, I would drop the EZ to 50hp and download the Smarty on level3.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
thats the smarty model

the smarty is a programmer...the programs are where the real performance is and you have to download those

the factory settings are almost insignificant but you can mess round with any of them..the economy setting made no difference for me

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I don't want to give you bad info. There are several programs out for the Smarty, I'm not sure what comes on a new one today.
So barring it being something crazy, I would drop the EZ to 50hp and download the Smarty on level3.
as far as what comes on a new one...not much

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so when i give it to him sunday, i should go on the mad electronis webpage and load the programs on to the smarty? which program should i load?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so when he opens it i should go on the computer and download the revo tune? correct?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
his is a 3rd gen 2003 quad cab long bed dually 3500 slt with a K&N intake

1 - 16 of 16 Posts