Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

smarty 2003 truck

760 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Chris Mallett
okay i got a edge juice w attitude its nice but i want more
does the smarty add 170 horse with egts still at a sane level or am i gonna need to update turbo and head and injectors before i would want to run that tune?
how many different smartys are available or is it just the jr and sr? and one more question is ther only like 9 tunes or can you chang settings like timing injector firing ect?
sorry im rambling a bit tired been reading to much lol
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
There are a few different versions and downloads. I believe the best tune for the 03 and 04 trucks are the 4.2 or the 4.3 version. There are only the smarty jr and sr. but have many different downloads on the sr. , not sure on the jr. On the revo tune you can adjust the settings such as timing, rail pressure, torque management. Hope this helps

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
god your awsome! where do i go to get the downloads? and see the specs on them all?
i googled smarty but couldnt find their website all i could find was on "fleabag" lol
thanks for all the help!

· Registered
1,209 Posts
madselectronics.com Is the site. They really don't have specs on the Beta tunes which are the older ones. On the 03/04 trucks most see a violent timing pop during acceleration with the TNT (revo). But if you wait a bit they are coming out with an updated version that will work. If i was you i would buy the Smarty from them and have Bob Wagner preload TNT. If it works, great! if not have him email you the Beta 4.4 tune till the fix is out.

· I wanna go fast...
3,393 Posts
Keep your edge for gauges, but leave it on setting 0. Once you try the Smarty, you will see how hot your Edge was running. You should be able to run 9 but many have better luck from 7, and the difference in power is tremendous. Just my .02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.