Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to upgrade my turbo, I don't necessarily want more horsepower or boost but would like a quicker spooling turbo, WITHOUT having to do studs or fireringing. If there is a gain in HP obviously it wouldn't hurt my feeling but if it's gonna hurt reliability then thats no good. Is this Possible? Oh , and a FASS 150 MBRP 4" and S&B will be added before the turbo, they go in next Saturday :party018:

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Best bet would probably talk to some vendors on this site and see what they say. Once you put that exhaust and intake on you should be able to spool a little faster though. Usually a turbo upgrade is done after you get some big injectors and whatnot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Don't go with an Aurora 3000, I dont care what ATS says it spools 2x slower than the stock. I have my '02 and a '99, and a '02 with an auto, slow spool in all of them. All of the trucks similar setups to the '02 i my signature.

·
Mule Barn Proprietor
11,118 Posts
You got plenty of room for fueling upgrades before you need to get rid of your stock turbo.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I've got the CAI, the exhaust , the upgraded fuel delivery system (FASS 150) , I'm not sure how much I can really put out on a stock transmission (especially an Auto) I was thinkin a TS Performance MVP? I don't think the auto transmission is gonna deal with much more than that but I'm new to the game and don't like learning the hard way, if you know what I mean. Any suggestions would be hot . Aslo thinkin about a KORE HP levelling kit with the Kore Recon rear suspension upgrade.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Well I've got the CAI, the exhaust , the upgraded fuel delivery system (FASS 150) , I'm not sure how much I can really put out on a stock transmission (especially an Auto) I was thinkin a TS Performance MVP? I don't think the auto transmission is gonna deal with much more than that but I'm new to the game and don't like learning the hard way, if you know what I mean. Any suggestions would be hot . Aslo thinkin about a KORE HP levelling kit with the Kore Recon rear suspension upgrade.
ya know what, buy an fms redline and spin that b*tch to 4,000rpms:thumbsup: but to stay on topic my personal experience was that i put an edge comp and 155hp sticks in for around a year without the trans crapping out on me. but that's because i never really got on it much at all, just the occasional stop light race on a friday night. just all depends on what your driving style is:party018:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts