Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a radio bezel from a Laramie in my truck and have a Lamarie front bumper on the way (take off, paid $50) only needs painting to match my truck. Also have a chrome OEM grill on the way. All this for under $250. Has anyone else done this and what do you guys think? I am looking for the chrome Laramie raido and A/C knobs now. Anyone know where to get these OEM knobs? Thanks for any input.:peelout

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have an 07 slt, it has the chrome around JUST the radio...does your laramie bezel go down the center? If so, where did you find it, and for how much?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it off ebay for $45. It has woodgrain around the vents and chrome below the radio. It is off a 06 Laramie truck i think.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Thats a good deal. Was it hard to put on? You might just look for a laramie stereo for the chrome knobs...thats what im gonna do. You should throw up some pics of the dash now!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The install was easy AFTER i found all the screws that held it on. LOL

·
Registered
681 Posts
did your SLT have the Dual Zone air?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did your SLT have the Dual Zone air?
No, just single control. But it does not matter if its dual or single the radio bezel is the same.

·
Registered
681 Posts
are you going to convert that too? I would like to know if we can do that, the misses says that is the only thing she doesn't like about the dodge.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are you going to convert that too? I would like to know if we can do that, the misses says that is the only thing she doesn't like about the dodge.
No i am not going to do that, but WOW i would love to have that too. But i do want the chrome radio and 3 A/C knobs.

·
Registered
681 Posts
do you know if we can change it over?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Im not sure if you can...My better half drives me crazy with changing the temp in my truck. I have checked into switching it, but the dealer said that they cant even switch them. I also inquired about switching to having the radio controls on the back of the steering wheel, but they said its nearly impossible

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
I replaced my radio head unit with an aftermarket one. The head unit is a 6-disk in dash cd with satellite module and cassette player. I also have the woodgrain bezel with the brushed silver center section. Also have the 6x9's for the front doors, the 6 1/2's for the rear doors and the tweets for the dash. Everything in perfect working order.

I replaced everything with aftermarket equipment. It now looks like this--

·
Registered
681 Posts
I replaced my radio head unit with an aftermarket one. The head unit is a 6-disk in dash cd with satellite module and cassette player. I also have the woodgrain bezel with the brushed silver center section. Also have the 6x9's for the front doors, the 6 1/2's for the rear doors and the tweets for the dash. Everything in perfect working order.

I replaced everything with aftermarket equipment. It now looks like this--

I DO like how it looks with the wood grain and the rectangle nav system, it cleans it up a lot, i think, compared to the regular radio with the round knobs, but is there any way to get rid of the brushed silver around the wood grain and replace it with more wood grain of the same pattern???

·
Registered
681 Posts
......or has anyone done anything different with the silver around the woodgrain???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts