Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well long story short, I've been wanting a bigger turbo for sled pulling this summer, but the other night, my plan really got set into motion when a duramax ALMOST beat me in a race.

My question is, how would a 66 with 200's be to daily drive? Would it be too laggy? If anyones running this setup, I'd appriciate your experience.

Also, my 62 is up for sale, or trade for a 64 or 66. Pm me if you're interested :thumbsup:

Thanks fellas.

· Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:lol4: As much as I'd like to get 240's, if I buy the 66, I wouldn't have enough money to afford them

My definition of streetable is spoiling quick enough to get off the line pretty decent, and not smoking out the sun.

· Registered
1,158 Posts
get a pro street 66, double-j is running one in his and it feels like it has no lag at all. He has 250 hp injectors from new era diesel or call up coaltrain diesel performance and get some 240's for not a whole lot a money.

· Registered
559 Posts
with that setup you're going to smoke out the sun anyway. you might want to think about running a SO or HR pump to make big power. I'd recommend stacking the smarty, it will really help with spool up a ton! i'd run at least 200's, have a light throttle and turn fueling all the way down for daily driving and it won't be too bad.

G

·
it would be fine to street just fine for the adr just run timing on the street no fuel run a s366 and 7x12s(200hp) and would be good to drive

· Registered
726 Posts
:lol4: As much as I'd like to get 240's, if I buy the 66, I wouldn't have enough money to afford them

My definition of streetable is spoiling quick enough to get off the line pretty decent, and not smoking out the sun.
When I had my silver 66 and my mach 7's on. It was pretty decent "streetable". I didnt like that much power tho stuff started breaking, So I went back to stock. The guy I bought my truck from was running the mach 7's the silver bullet, Smarty, and TST and he daily drove it. So I think you can definintly do it but be ready to fix it. She smokes out the sun!!! Good Luck!

· Registered
924 Posts
Im runnin 250s and a prostreet 66 and kids i could smoke with my HX35 can now beat me because it takes so much longer to spool. Im talkin short distances. If we would go 1/4 to 1/2 mile then it was all over. Also a duramax ist exactly a slow runnin truck. Ford or another dodge il pull up ready to race if its a duramax I have to think first lol.

· Hemi
13,184 Posts
When I had my silver 66 and my mach 7's on. It was pretty decent "streetable". I didnt like that much power tho stuff started breaking, So I went back to stock. The guy I bought my truck from was running the mach 7's the silver bullet, Smarty, and TST and he daily drove it. So I think you can definintly do it but be ready to fix it. She smokes out the sun!!! Good Luck!
What all did you break?

· Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im runnin 250s and a prostreet 66 and kids i could smoke with my HX35 can now beat me because it takes so much longer to spool. Im talkin short distances. If we would go 1/4 to 1/2 mile then it was all over. Also a duramax ist exactly a slow runnin truck. Ford or another dodge il pull up ready to race if its a duramax I have to think first lol.
Yea. This duramax had just an intake, chip, and exhaust. He got me short distance, but we got on a side street and I had him *barely* to 80 mph, when I had to let out of it because I was going around a 25mph curve in a residental neighborhood :doh:

· Registered
385 Posts
p-pump it. i just got mine done. i can light my 66 at around 15-1600 rpm's without a problem. i need more fuel though....cleans up by 2500 rpms.

· Registered
559 Posts
p-pump it. i just got mine done. i can light my 66 at around 15-1600 rpm's without a problem. i need more fuel though....cleans up by 2500 rpms.
we don't like clean up...barely a haze under full boost:thumbsup: then there's always room for more air!

· Registered
726 Posts
What all did you break?
Imput shaft and my shifting fork the shifting fork wasnt from the the set-up but thats what I broke. I know that you can upgrade your imput shaft but you need a heavier cluch to do that and I didnt have that much money but an imput shafts only 300 dollars and that is a kick a** set up!

· Registered
2,139 Posts
If you plan on keeping your 200's i would look into HTT quick diesel 64 charger. I have been thinking about getting that turbo sounds like it would suite you well if you are gonna stay with the 200's

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.