Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little background on my truck,
Purchased in '06 with 26k on it, it mainly sat untill I went back into business, started to really drive it in '09 and now its at 98k just getting broke in.

Had the lift pump and big fuel line installed in summer of '09 as the IP was tossing out the 0216, took the truck in for a minor trans issue, have been lucky to baby the IP until now.

It started as a minor annoyance, intermittent "dead peddal", progressed into no peddal until the truck was about half way up on operating temp.

Today it took till the truck was at full temp and even then it crapped out numerous times as I was headed to different jobs.:S:

I just ordered a new pump, gear puller, and isspro gauges (60# boost, 30# mech. fuel, and pyro) to go on my pillar, after I recover a bit from this I will put a trans temp on the column.

I drove gassers and swore I would never own one of those noisey diesels, Now, after owning and driving this truck, I'll NEVER go back.:drool2:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Little background on my truck,
Purchased in '06 with 26k on it, it mainly sat untill I went back into business, started to really drive it in '09 and now its at 98k just getting broke in.

Had the lift pump and big fuel line installed in summer of '09 as the IP was tossing out the 0216, took the truck in for a minor trans issue, have been lucky to baby the IP until now.

It started as a minor annoyance, intermittent "dead peddal", progressed into no peddal until the truck was about half way up on operating temp.

Today it took till the truck was at full temp and even then it crapped out numerous times as I was headed to different jobs.:S:

I just ordered a new pump, gear puller, and isspro gauges (60# boost, 30# mech. fuel, and pyro) to go on my pillar, after I recover a bit from this I will put a trans temp on the column.

I drove gassers and swore I would never own one of those noisey diesels, Now, after owning and driving this truck, I'll NEVER go back.:drool2:
:agree2: despite the potential IP issues I wont ever go back to a gasser.
heck I'm trying to figure out what kind of diesel I want on a motorcycle :rof

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
:agree2: :agree2: :agree2: :agree2: :agree2: :agree2:

I 3rd that opinion!! Had two F250's 1st a 79 460 4X2 with Auto C6, the 2nd an 88 F250 4X4 460 C6. Both were good trucks, but mileage and real power sucked! I wanted a Diesel, and after some research I know that I wanted a Cummins.
:drool2:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, drove big block chevys, small block chevys, fords, 70s vw, etc. wont go back.
Am currently looking to get my hands on another truck to play with/hotrod.

Will do the gauges and pump myself and take pics of the installs, should be a hoot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts