Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

slidin fuel plate ff HELP!

677 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  illflem
i tried sliding my fuel plate forward today and the farthest i got was tryin to take off the 1 break off bolt.I followed some directions i got from searchin around on here. I hammered in a T-15 allen (stripped that) then used a T-20 (stripped that) then got mad and couldnt fig anything else out. Anyone got any ideas how to get that beast off??

Also, do you guys think i should just slide it forward or get a bigger plate? I was thinkin maybe a #10 or somethin? I have my egt and boost gauges hooked up. Id like to get most power possible but dont want to get a bigger clutch yet.
Thanks, Matt
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,146 Posts
i tried sliding my fuel plate forward today and the farthest i got was tryin to take off the 1 break off bolt.I followed some directions i got from searchin around on here. I hammered in a T-15 allen (stripped that) then used a T-20 (stripped that) then got mad and couldnt fig anything else out. Anyone got any ideas how to get that beast off??

Also, do you guys think i should just slide it forward or get a bigger plate? I was thinkin maybe a #10 or somethin? I have my egt and boost gauges hooked up. Id like to get most power possible but dont want to get a bigger clutch yet.
Thanks, Matt
A #6 will work great if you do not have the gsk yet.If you buggered up the break off screw too bad just drill off the head.It will come off easy once the afc housing is off.

· Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, i have 37x12.50.16.5's now. Im going to be gettin little bit bigger tires and 20's also. Prob. 38's or 39's.
Thanks

· Registered
212 Posts
With the break off screw. I took a sharp awl or punch and made the hole a lot deeper into the screw. Took a t-20 and drove it in deeper. I had a problem with it stipping cuz it wasnt in far enough. But that was my solution. hope it helps

· Registered
110 Posts
Use a sharp chisel to cut a straight slot across the head. Then use an impact driver with a straight slot head and a hammer. Make sure the impact driver is going the right way, and hit it with a hammer as you try to loosen the screw.

Chuck

· Premium Member
12,495 Posts
After doing dozens of them I've found the easiest way is to use a 1/4" x 12" long drill bit and just drill the screw head off.
The long bit is so it can fit inbetween the injector lines.
After the head is off and the cover removed you can usually just turn the headless screw out with your fingers or at the most with a pair of pliers.
This method works especially well if you've already mangled the screw trying other methods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.