Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

P2609 Fanatic
Buy a 3500 problem solved.
^^^ A 3500 and NO factory air suspension. (y)
Actually any truck with leaf (not coil) springs would probably work.

BTW @Abuisse, what's the camper's wet weight?
With out knowing that number it would be pretty hard to pick a truck to put it on.
Thanks, and keep us posted.
-Ej- 馃嵑

P.S., Yeah I know... his post count is '1' so... :sneaky:

P2609 Fanatic
Nice story. Largely irrelevant to the OP's issue or question though.
True, but the momentary topic change was refreshing considering the failure stories of people trying to put a top heavy truck camper on Ram 2500 have been going since 2014.

P2609 Fanatic
The rest of us poooorrr, suckers with a 2500 with springs, have no way to safely do such a sacrilege thing....
... even though it sais I can, or doesn't say I cant,,, on mine.
.. So the experts say, hear. :unsure:
Yes but the luxurious ride and comfort of a coil sprung 2014+ 2500 is a benefit us poor SRW 3500 owners are missing out on.:cry:

P2609 Fanatic
You sir are correct. My apologies.
No problem. You posted a logical question and we're not used to that sort of thing here.

Now let's move on to something more fitting like; "I was doing a burn-out in reverse with my dad's 2018 and now I can't get it out of 4-Low"
Please help!
-Ej- ;)

P2609 Fanatic
I have done it both ways. I started with a truck bought for another purpose that had a strong foundation for upgrades and figured out the parts to make it happen. I wanted to up-size campers to something beyond what that truck could handle OEM or upgraded, so I sold it and bought a truck that could handle the load in OEM trim knowing I could modify it later if needs changed.
True, but @Bedlam you are NOT the average RVer.
Plus, the depth of incompetence and stupidity on most RV forums is far beyond what happens here in a truck or engine based forum like CF.com.

Your last rig was a sweetheart and now your Host on a Ram 5500 shows the skill & knowledge that you've applied to the RV ownership & build process.(y)

Another thing that compromises building a good TC rig: Budget 馃挷馃挷馃挷
Much like owning a boat (I have owned several), one needs to understand that you have to "do it right" no matter the cost.
The right electronics & NAV, the right safety equipment, using all USCG approved equipment, etc... it's blindingly expensive but when you're 20+ miles out at sea and things start to go down hill you (and your craft) have to be able to handle it so you dont end up as an article in the news paper the next day.

On a lessor scale with a land based RV of course, but still...
Some clown putting a Lance 975 on a Ram 2500 and then asking for suspension advice...

In my short 7 years as an RV owner I have found that on an RV forum getting good advice on how to make a spice-rack for the kitchen area is a lot more common than discussing even the most primitive thing about AC power, DC power, payload, load balancing, even simple "proper" tire inflation is well beyond the grasp of most.

It's kinda' scary actually.
But my point is: Do NOT put yourself in the same category with most of the dangerously inept persons that frequent the RV forums.
(I have no doubt that your old F250 build would blow my current Ram 3500 out of the water in every possible camper hauling category)

That felt good to get off my chest.

Regards,
-Ej-

P2609 Fanatic
If you think RV's or boating are expensive, look into aviation.
^^^ You got that right! (y)
BTW... my pal @vreihen knows a thing or two about expensive hobbies... racing cars, boats, aircraft. :ROFLMAO: ;)

My own expensive vice is "storage unit collecting" 馃槒
It's a long story @Bedlam but yeah, I'm well over $40,000 in in the last 5 years (and climbing).
-Ej- 馃嵑

1 - 9 of 9 Posts