Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making a sled pulling setup. I have a 5 speed manual with ceramic southbend and input shaft upgraded. I put a 4k gsk into pump already and messed with the AFC and removed fuel plate for now as of last year. Truck will never see the road, just a toy. Came across a ats 3000 over 5000 compound kit and BD intercooler for next to nothing. Any recommendations on fueling for this setup before I start the swap? Heads coming off and getting o ringed or I will be buying a stage 2 Hamilton with orings. Believe I can get a set of laser cut dvs for nothing too. Also have a head stud kit sitting on the bench, have gauges installed and a fass lift pump. Any advice is appreciated, there's not much info on this turbo setup out there.

Premium Member
I'd give a shop like PDD a call and see what they recommend. I'd guess something pretty dang big like 5x18 for a dedicated sled puller. But mostly I replied to say , please post pics of the build. Don't see that many max effort/ sled pulling builds here.

Super Moderator
@jkidd at DAP could also help you they are a Forum Vendor.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd give a shop like PDD a call and see what they recommend. I'd guess something pretty dang big like 5x18 for a dedicated sled puller. But mostly I replied to say , please post pics of build. Don't see that many max effort/ sled pulling builds here.
I can do that, been pulling gas big blocks for years, finally trying out diesel. Ran stock class last year with just the clutch and 4k gsk and loved it. I have a extended cab short box truck 100% rust free. Redesigned the hitch last weekend, traction bars and driveline shielding going on tomorrow hopefully.

Premium Member
I can do that, been pulling gas big blocks for years, finally trying out diesel. Ran stock class last year with just the clutch and 4k gsk and loved it. I have a extended cab short box truck 100% rust free. Redesigned the hitch last weekend, traction bars and driveline shielding going on tomorrow hopefully.
PICTURES, we need pictures.:cool:

Premium Member
@jkidd at DAP could also help you they are a Forum Vendor.
DAP and jkidd (the owner of DAP) are AWESOME for sure (my favorite place to order parts from actually), but I don't think they field a vehicle in competitions (like UCC and such) where stupid size injectors and making 1000+hp is a common thing and wouldn't even get you noticed. PDD does.

Reactions: Cummins X Turbo

Premium Member
Why not fire ring it? Big fuel and big air, you could bump the timing quite a bit if you fire ring it. I鈥檇 also look into building the bottom end. I鈥檝e read a stock bottom end is reliable up to about 700 hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why not fire ring it? Big fuel and big air, you could bump the timing quite a bit if you fire ring it. I鈥檇 also look into building the bottom end. I鈥檝e read a stock bottom end is reliable up to about 700 hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE
Not pulling whole motor out. Have another 12v on a stand I plan on taking down to the crank and rebuilding eventually. Seems like o rings do the job from what I've read?

Vendor
We are not at the drag races / sled pulls with our own vehicles. I look forward to the weekend and I spend it with my family.

Not a problem to get you to +1000 HP. We have several sets of 5x.025 and bigger on the shelf. We do custom work for many shops that resell our mechanical and common rial injectors as their own. We do some sponsorships for people that do want to get on the road and race. Drew Carter is running a set of our 8x.012 dual plane injectors for his VP44 and runs cleaner, spools faster and is hitting 6.70 1/8th mile times on fuel only. It was a BIG upgrade for the truck with more flow than the 6x.016 he was running from another shop.

for about 700HP consider
Max calibration for the P7100 - send in to a fuel shop ( we can recommend one to you)
5x.016 should be more than enough fuel for that set of compounds (turbos should be max'd out near 700HP) assuming you have strong P7100 to start with.

The NV4500 will need a big input shaft, and even then is not going to hold together at high HP for long.

Some L19 Head studs are be recommended, or go the extra 2% and go to Aged 625. Standard ARP2000 may not be enough.

Rod bolts
Good valve springs (conical) and pushrods. 60# will not be enough for you at high RPM.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I believe I need rebuild kits for the turbos, any specialty shops that sell them out there? Ats wants 200$ for each kit and that seems insanely high.

Super Moderator
I believe I need rebuild kits for the turbos, any specialty shops that sell them out there? Ats wants 200$ for each kit and that seems insanely high.

This says BW cartridges are used for them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts