Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys i wanna build something that i can pull with on the weekend just for fun but still have a reliable daily driver that can get 17-18mpg. I'm thinking im gonna get a dual disc clutch but i wanna hear some input on injectors and turbo options?? i wanna stay with a single turbo for now..dont have enough money for a twin set up so please give me some ideas!!thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
silver bullet 66, 240 horse ddp injectors, head studs, and a dual disc of you choice as long as its a 3850 plate with ceramic buttons. That should get you where you want to be. I almost forgot to mention the boxes, smarties seem to be good or the old reliable drag comp stacked with the smarty or superchips. There are new boxes but i dont know anything about them. Tim

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
wake up dude yer dreamin...the alarm should be goin off anysecond now

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
silver bullet 66, 240 horse ddp injectors, head studs, and a dual disc of you choice as long as its a 3850 plate with ceramic buttons. That should get you where you want to be. I almost forgot to mention the boxes, smarties seem to be good or the old reliable drag comp stacked with the smarty or superchips. There are new boxes but i dont know anything about them. Tim
the 66 is way too big for daily driving in the city..I recommend the HTT quick diesel 64..youll find it iunder 71 series on their site..for injectors..DDP doesnt make 240, only 200, whichj will be enough. just make sure you have a good lift pump to supply the fuel and possibly a HRVP44 by industrial injection

·
Diesel South
1,546 Posts
the 66 is way too big for daily driving in the city..I recommend the HTT quick diesel 64..youll find it iunder 71 series on their site..for injectors..DDP doesnt make 240, only 200, whichj will be enough. just make sure you have a good lift pump to supply the fuel and possibly a HRVP44 by industrial injection
First off, DDP makes their comp injectors which are 240-250s but you can call lenny and he will build you whatever!! i would p-pump it and run either a 71 or about a 66, don't waste your time on a hrvp they don't make much more power on a modified truck! you are not gonna be able to build a competitive puller thats isn't a little laggy on the street but we have a 71mm on a street/puller and its pretty nasty once it lights! or you could just buy a single cab 12v and build it and keep yours for towing

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well im kind of on like a 4,000 dollar budget and i cant afford two truck. I'm thinking im gonna go with a valair dual disk, with around a 200 hp injector still not sure on a turbo...

·
Banned
4,306 Posts
Looks like you got some mixed reviews here. I have seen 200hp injectors on the street, way too much smoke for a DD especially with a 64 turbo or bigger. I have been there & done that before. I stepped down to a 62/71/14 turbo & Dragon fly injectors from II. I have a truck that is more fun to drive & pulls really well. I'm not a top competitor, but I have held my ground against some tough competition. The main thing about getting the sled down the track is knowing how to launch & rpms combined with the proper gear selection. Horsepower isn't everything, but knowing how to use it is what gets you down the track. I would do this.

1. Don't try to save money when it comes to a clutch, Southbend with as much pedal pressure as you can stand is a great choice. $1700
2. High tech 62/71/14 will light out the hole & not get too hot for pulling, more fun on the street. $1400
3. Dragon fly injectors from II. I had the Dragon flow 10's, not fun on the street, just too much smoke. Dragon fly's are great. $700

Just my $.02

·
Diesel South
1,546 Posts
Looks like you got some mixed reviews here. I have seen 200hp injectors on the street, way too much smoke for a DD especially with a 64 turbo or bigger. I have been there & done that before. I stepped down to a 62/71/14 turbo & Dragon fly injectors from II. I have a truck that is more fun to drive & pulls really well. I'm not a top competitor, but I have held my ground against some tough competition. The main thing about getting the sled down the track is knowing how to launch & rpms combined with the proper gear selection. Horsepower isn't everything, but knowing how to use it is what gets you down the track. I would do this.

1. Don't try to save money when it comes to a clutch, Southbend with as much pedal pressure as you can stand is a great choice. $1700
2. High tech 62/71/14 will light out the hole & not get too hot for pulling, more fun on the street. $1400
3. Dragon fly injectors from II. I had the Dragon flow 10's, not fun on the street, just too much smoke. Dragon fly's are great. $700

Just my $.02
i agree with him! except for a couple of things:

First off i love my 62/71/14 but if i had it to do over i would have gone with a silver 62 or 64 which has the 74mm wheel that lights a little better and moves a little more air!

second whichever injectors you go with i would get extrude hone, they are smoother and will not be as smokey on the street!

my 150s with the sps 62 are great, they can smoke or not and will light the turbo fairly quick and egts at wot stay below 1500, i can tow, sled pull, daily drive, or race and outrun most mustangs or ricers!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thats the problem with these dang forums. Everybody thinks their setup is the only one and everybody else's aint woth crap. I will bet my truck that the setup i said which by the way is not mine is a great everday driver, sledpuller and snowplower. It is my buddies truck with 240 ddps, hrvp, smarty stacked with a redline. He will be at indy this weekend if you dont believe me. Tim

·
Banned
4,306 Posts
Thats the problem with these dang forums. Everybody thinks their setup is the only one and everybody else's aint woth crap. I will bet my truck that the setup i said which by the way is not mine is a great everday driver, sledpuller and snowplower. It is my buddies truck with 240 ddps, hrvp, smarty stacked with a redline. He will be at indy this weekend if you dont believe me. Tim
I didn't say that you were lying, just voicing my opinion from my own personal experiences using these products. I've had more turbos bolted to this truck than sets of tires & giving my opinion of them. Thats all, no harm.

·
Registered
90 Posts
illinoisram... how do you tune a 12v w/a pda? not to steal the thread but i wouldnt take advice from someone who says they have 900 hp tune on a mechanical injection pump...

·
Registered
90 Posts
o and you cant stack a redline with anything. ask anyone who knows.because it comnpletely overrides the entire computer system so yoshi 470 i would ask a more reliable source like farmboys diesel or haisley machine who have proven trucks.

·
Registered
648 Posts
haha

ILLINIOSRAM i agree there are aplenty of opinions that people have and everyone thinks their Sh*t dont stink and we all kn ow that ours works great and if anyone says different that is their problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
dixielandcummins24, the redline takes over after after 2000 rpms. You still need something to work the bottom end. I have been on th phone with chip plenty talking to him about it. If you are going to attack me, atleast dont just repeat what you read on here. Think for yourself because other people could be wrong too. Boy i gain so much by lying to people on here. give me a break. Tim

·
Registered
648 Posts
now that is funny

·
Registered
648 Posts
haha well just just have to show these "pro" pullers at indy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts