Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and read til i'm blue in the face. I'm reading about 4 in lifts and trying to figure out whether to buy a mass produced lift system vs. some custom spring outfit.

So for ya'll that are running a Skyjacker suspension systems. Would you buy another Skyjacker lift or not?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I would buy another sky jacker lift but I would never go with the add a leafs for the rear again. Double stacking the blocks seems like BS to me. I also broke both the add a leaf leafs.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I would buy another sky jacker lift but I would never go with the add a leafs for the rear again. Double stacking the blocks seems like BS to me. I also broke both the add a leaf leafs.
This should apply to any lift. Stacking blocks is not a good idea, and an all spring lift vs add a leafs and blocks will always ride better in my opinion. I have a skyjacker 4 in on my truck and it rides stiff empty but feels good with a load.

Duane

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking to do new springs all the way around when i figure out what I'm going to buy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't have a skyjacker on a dodge but my 86 chevy has a all spring skyjacker lift and I couldn't be happier with it. Rides rough without a load but better when loaded down.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I just barely did the skyjacker D200c springs on the front of mine seems to ride fine! I'd do it again for sure!

Sitting on 315/75r16's

·
Registered
624 Posts
IMO I would not do skyjacker again ! They had awful customer service and actually disrespected me ! They lied to me over the phone multiple times and that lost me as a customer the product was okay but next time ill save up for some custom springs

·
Registered
932 Posts
I like those tires epeon

I have a 6" skyjacker on my 93, it rides rough but I can only compare it too my 92 w150 with a 4" rough country

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Please Explain why double block's are BS they run fine they tow fine and truck handles just fine ????:confused013::confused013::confused013:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Please Explain why double block's are BS they run fine they tow fine and truck handles just fine ????:confused013::confused013::confused013:
just more dangerous. For most on road driving I imagine they are fine but double blocks is one of those things youll probably be ok with (unless you offroad) but if you can get a single block of springs youll be better off.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Those tall blocks also require long u-bolts which introduce a weak link into your setup. The longer bolts coupled with the blocks and the axle's torque on them could result in snappages while offroading. Pavement queens don't really have to worry.

·
Registered
469 Posts
When I first built my truck I had the add a leafs and double stacked blocks (the skyjacker kit) I would strech u bolts all the time. The u bolts never stayed tight. I switched to 5/8" u bolts and still had to retorque them after every wheeling trip. I've also seen a few trucks spit a block out before. That's why I don't like them. Also the axle wrap is way worse with really big blocks.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I only have 2.5" lift on mine. I started with the Skyjacker front and rear soft-ride springs and shocks. First thing I noticed was the rear axle was moved forward a couple inches and just didn't look right to me. I called them and they assured me with that much spring movement it had to move the axle forward so it wouldn't move too far back when truck was loaded. They agreed to let me return them and I went with a set of OEM replacement rear springs with 5" blocks and kept the 2.5" Skyjacker fronts.

If I had it to do over, I would call Alcan and give them specs and have them build a set for me.

·
Registered
449 Posts
IMO I would not do skyjacker again ! They had awful customer service and actually disrespected me ! They lied to me over the phone multiple times and that lost me as a customer the product was okay but next time ill save up for some custom springs
And remember your springs were shorter than they should've been. The angle of your shackles isn't ideal but still ok.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts