Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just posting this for anyone that has been having a slight skip in their idle. Mine was only noticeable out the exhaust and didn't matter if the engine was hot or cold. I went to do headstuds in the truck i recently purchased and found, on a fairly new valve cover gasket, that the wiring for the injectors had cracks in the coating pretty much all over. Mostly noticeable on the red wire. The picture will show what I'm talking about. Put a new one on all is good. Don't know what brand gasket this was but i have also seen a youtube video of a felpro gasket that had the same problem. Since this is an 06 truck its the gasket that has the wiring built in. Hope this helps some people!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Was the skip a slight intermittent type of thing or was it constant?
When you say “skip” was almost like a lope?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Curious as well if it was constant

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try to look back through some videos I have and see if I have one of it. It wasn’t a lope it would just almost miss a slight spot in the idle. Some days it would do it some days it wouldn’t

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
I will try to look back through some videos I have and see if I have one of it. It wasn’t a lope it would just almost miss a slight spot in the idle. Some days it would do it some days it wouldn’t

This is exactly what mine does. Very slight skip. Can’t even really see it on the tachometer either. It’s intermittent and mine seem to does it more after freeway driving and then coming down to a stoplight to idle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts