Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok like it says I have a dually with a hole in driver side of the bed. <<<<some jack:smileybutt: hit me with a hay spike while loading hay!! So I have been having issues finding another dually bed that is worth swapping. So here is the question has anybody cut the fenders on a single wheel and made it a dually?? Oh ya I am not putting a flat bed on it so please suggest it cause that is all my friends around here keep saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt buy a flat bed and I dont want a flat bed!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
are the fenders removable on your bed nathan? if they are you could just do like you said and cut the openings to match yours. you might have to fab some mounting brackets or something, buti don't see it being a big deal

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya that is what I am hoping to be able to do but dont want to get to into it to much without some one else maybe giving there opinion first!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
dam those hay loaders anyway!!! (that's what i do for a living) i think i know where i can look at a dually bed, if it is still there. i'll see if i can take a look

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in Henderson. If you are talking about the one in white oak off of 80 I have stopped there about a dozen times and that man has lost his mind on what he wants for it!! And it was my ex g/f brother who hit me with the hay spike. I cussed his butt good over that. Best part it was his hay we were hauling!! But I would really like to know if it can be done converting one to dually!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
are the fenders removable on your bed nathan? if they are you could just do like you said and cut the openings to match yours. you might have to fab some mounting brackets or something, buti don't see it being a big deal
Thats what I think should be done, If the fenders just unbolt. Im trying to do the same thing with my project truck.

·
Registered
395 Posts
too bad you weren't closer...theres one here where i live sitting along the road that looks brand new.... Pennsylvania is quite a haul tho. i saw a dually conversion ounce but they didn't even cut the box. i'm not sure how they attached the fenders. are you just thinking about cutting out the wheel well and making a lip to bolt to? theres the bolts that are further back into the wheel well too, i'm not sure how you would bolt them up or if you want them bolted....i think i would to cut down on any shaking or vibration.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya I am gonna wanna bolt it all back up. Think that is what I am gonna do get a single wheel bed and just cut the wheel wells out and see if i can fab up some mounts for the fenders. And yes they do bolt on the inside of the bed and at the lip. Will keep you guys posted on how it goes. What years are these beds interchanging??

·
Registered
738 Posts
i want to say it's like 82 to 93

·
Registered
87 Posts
hey man there is a white bed here in durant oklahoma its in ok condition if ur interested let me know

·
Registered
395 Posts
i thought it was 85-93....somewhere in there. if you were closer id give you a good deal on the bed off my 1990. post some pics when you get it done, id like to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
738 Posts
just take your time nathan, measure twice, cut once.:lol4:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heck no I just gonna take the saw-zall and go to town!!:lol4::hehe:

·
Registered
738 Posts
:hehe::hehe: if that's the case, use a plasma cutter! cut your way in, weld your way out!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those look like just dodge dually fenders. Did you convert that bed to dually or was it already a dually bed?? Hey Dan thats the plan cut my way in weld my way out!!:buttkick::hehe:

·
Registered
395 Posts
that is the conversion that ive seen. the fenders mount on the side of the box instead of on the inside of wheel well.

·
Registered
247 Posts
thats a single wheel bed that i c clamped the fenders on for the pictures, they were part of a kit that someone had on a truck that went to the wrecker.
i bought them not even knowing they were aftermarket, now i glad i got them going to be way easier to install.

right now the bed is still a single wheel.

·
Registered
395 Posts
can you still buy those style fenders or not? i assume you cant. i consider myself extremely lucky to have found the set of dually fenders i found this winter....not even drilled yet, this will be the first time they have been on a truck, ever.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts