Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im tryin to find an 8" Cat stack and also want ideas on how i can run a single stack and still have a toolbox . if you got pics lemi see your setup

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
I was also thinking about putting a cat stack and maybe a toolbox on mine. Would also like to see pics:thumbsup: I'm stuck between a cat stack or 23 degree mitre cut stack. Not sure wat would look better

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was also thinking about putting a cat stack and maybe a toolbox on mine. Would also like to see pics:thumbsup: I'm stuck between a cat stack or 23 degree mitre cut stack. Not sure wat would look better
well im gona take my curent tool box out and put one that sits in the bed and not on the rails i was thinlin i may look at one for a midsize truck if it would all fit together and im definatly set on the cat stack just having a hard time finding one

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
Here is mine, Just got it put in last weekend, along with a sticker from James, lol

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Nice! Looks good. Ya I was thinking of doin either cat stack or 23 degree mitre cut, off to the right of the center line of the truck(where it's usually put lol) and putting a small box to the left of the stack between it, n the box. And no higher than the box rail. I have seen this b4 n think it looks great, n practical.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Turner_6104, is that a 7 or 8 inch stack?

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
I am considering building a cat stack now. I wasn't too sure about the stack idea so I didn't want to spend a lot of money until I knew I wanted one. Now I know I want one so I'll get a better setup in the near future. Funny how everybody says they are loud, the stack took the drone away that I had with the side exit exhaust, not too loud in the cab either.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are out there. :thumbsup:
ibeen lookin around there is a guy on comp diesel forum that makes them but he hasnt responded to my IM . IDK im begining to think that 8" cat stacks are myth :rof hell i even had a part number at one time and couldnt find it :banghead:

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
a single 8" with a toolbox is going to look plain silly :eek:
thats what I run, but not a truck tool box:rof i have a alittle tool box that is off of a oilfield semi I have in my bed next to my stack, but its hidden from the public and plenty of room to hold stuff, Ill have to snap some pics of it. Here is all i got showing the stack.

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
I agree, If you had a way to customize your toolbox and have it wrap around the stack that would be cool, I want to do that to mine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i too have a miter and want a tool box was think of a piece of checker plate on hinges with a 8 " u shaped hole so it swings past the stack and some extra storage lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts