Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before i bought a diesel and life was so much cheaper :party018:

and after i bought a diesel and my wife hated me and my pockets are empty:doh::doh:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
prepare yourself to spend MUCH MUCH MORE if you continue... ahahahaha
im thinking of buying a daily driver car for back and forth to work and letting the truck become a weekend warrior because my theory is go big or go home:thumbsup: im eventually going to go all out twins and everything..

:doh: what have i got myself into ...

·
Registered
139 Posts
i hear ya, i'm thinking of selling my other car and using the cash to put into my truck!
actually, i have 2 other cars i can sell!! (honda's) but the 2nd one i was saving for my daughter who will be 16 in Feb....ah, we can find her another car later!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i hear ya, i'm thinking of selling my other car and using the cash to put into my truck!
actually, i have 2 other cars i can sell!! (honda's) but the 2nd one i was saving for my daughter who will be 16 in Feb....ah, we can find her another car later!
:rof:rof:rof

the truck > daughters happiness :confused013: HAHAHAHAHA

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,104 Posts
$960 won't get ya a whole lot in performance for these trucks...lol.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
actually its $1060 and i already purchased the triple disc TC and VB and billet input and Clutches and billet accumalator and 18 qaurts of amsoil.. this is just labor funds :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
im thinking of buying a daily driver car for back and forth to work and letting the truck become a weekend warrior because my theory is go big or go home:thumbsup: im eventually going to go all out twins and everything..

:doh: what have i got myself into ...
Its a great idea!

my bro bought a used set of injectors from a guy on the forum...

turns out they were bad and nothing matched, blew motor...... long story short he has 30k in it at least not including the price of the truck:doh::doh::doh::doh:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its a great idea!

my bro bought a used set of injectors from a guy on the forum...

turns out they were bad and nothing matched, blew motor...... long story short he has 30k in it at least not including the price of the truck:doh::doh::doh::doh:
:shock::shock::shock: OUCH i know he was not happy....

·
Registered
139 Posts
:rof:rof:rof

the truck > daughters happiness :confused013: HAHAHAHAHA
its a honda, shes not thrilled about it anyway...she wants the truck! :doh:

besides, shes got 8 months to wait anyway :hehe:

·
Registered
128 Posts
ha ha i didnt have anything to start with but after the wife i had a lot of stuff.....bills:confused013: like 8 credit cards of nails and tanning :banghead: oh and she went on vacation while i was off working one month. btw shes a gonner:banghead:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Twin CP3 kit and D-max - 1800
TTS Rods 2700
.020 over pistons with TTS plating - 1750
Goerend V10 converter setup - 1100
ZZ fab intake - 1050
.020 over bore, rings, port polished head, and other little stuff I can't say - 1100
Another Airdog 150 pump - 450 bucks
Hamilton Cam - don't know yet
Main studs - 200
Twin water meth stup with tank - 625
new turbo and wastegate - 2000
Fusion front bumber 995

I ask myself why I bought all this crap when I recently told myself I didn't want to spend no more than 8 grand...Now I am retardedly past that and wonder....Is this really worth it??? I could have bought a mid 90's mustang and put a retarded built turnkey motor in it...Slap some gears and whatnot in it and prolly run 9's....But instead I decided to do it in a 7500lb truck....Is there something wrong with my logic?

·
Premium Member
2,953 Posts
Twin CP3 kit and D-max - 1800
TTS Rods 2700
.020 over pistons with TTS plating - 1750
Goerend V10 converter setup - 1100
ZZ fab intake - 1050
.020 over bore, rings, port polished head, and other little stuff I can't say - 1100
Another Airdog 150 pump - 450 bucks
Hamilton Cam - don't know yet
Main studs - 200
Twin water meth stup with tank - 625
new turbo and wastegate - 2000
Fusion front bumber 995

I ask myself why I bought all this crap when I recently told myself I didn't want to spend no more than 8 grand...Now I am retardedly past that and wonder....Is this really worth it??? I could have bought a mid 90's mustang and put a retarded built turnkey motor in it...Slap some gears and whatnot in it and prolly run 9's....But instead I decided to do it in a 7500lb truck....Is there something wrong with my logic?
none what so ever! its more impressive to see a 7500lb trruck beat them rice burners and muscle cars.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
yea this hobby gets very pricey and my wife hates my truck so bad but i cant blame her i am getting to the point where i hate it to but i think that will all go away when its done.

twins=8900
hts tranny=5500
zz head and intake (came with custom cam)=5400
main studs gurdel=1000
head studs=1000

just the tip of the iceburg so get out now while you can dont go down this road.....

·
A Couple Diesels
3,094 Posts
need alot more money then that........ that enough for head studs lol

but 958hp does come at a price

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea its just a start but at least im doing it right and doing my tranny first then ill get into all that expensive expensive stuff.. i hate to say it but one day i will have a list like that and im sure i will look back and say damn why did i even begin this hobby..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts