Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone give me a compairasin in the two. Turbo back with muffler of course. Im looking for difference in sound volume and drone. Plus i dont think the FBD 5" comes with a 6" chrome tip or am i wrong. Gus do you have chrome tips for your 5" system? Im having a hard time trying to justify buying a new exhaust when i already have one but i love the 5" sound. I could consider the FBD 5" cause it is affordable. Cant remember the price but im sure Gus will chime in.

Give me yalls honest opinions.

And also, Gus im not implying dissrespect in your products what so ever when im comparing to other brands so dont take this post the wrong way please.

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im trying to sell myself on the FBD 5" but im a big Silverline fan due to love for the Silverline sound.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed the FBD 5" system and an AFE Stage 2 of few days ago. Couldn't be happier so far. Pretty simple install. The exhaust note is very controllable. Very quiet inside the cab at highway speed but loud when you want it to be. Don't know anything about Silverline so can't give an opinion there. Good luck.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Love my FBD 5 inch....

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gus, send me another price. Please........:CRY:

Sorry, i dont mean to jerk you around.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Are not all the budget kits that vendors offer the same?

Is a FBD diesel 5 inch budget kit not the same as a Power by Poole, L and N 5 inch budget, and all the other vendors that insert their name budget kits?

Just curious.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
i liked my silverline on my 2nd gen but if i were to do it again id go with fbds from gus.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I will be going with a 5" FBD when I do a TBE hopefully this summer. :hyper:

·
Registered
92 Posts
i ordered a FBD 5inch kit and it is AWESOME!!! THANKS GUS

·
Registered
798 Posts
My 5" FBD will be here tomorrow!:peelout:thumbsup:beer:butt::hyper::T:..........:rof

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, see, thats the thing. I dont need a new exhaust. Do i just want one, yea if the price is rite.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Love my FBD 5" tb w/muffler Great deeeep tone. thanks :peeloutGus

·
Registered
829 Posts
FBD 5 inch system turbo back with FBD muffler has a mean deep powerful sound :woot:

and FBD 5 can also be pretty quiet , when you are cruising down the highway and don't want the drone sound :CRY:

IMO for the money FBD = good value :thumbsup

·
Registered
258 Posts
Don't know about the 5in, but I have a silverline 4in and it is just as quiet as the stock system. I wasn't very happy about that and I will probably get another muffler sometime.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i like the price on the fbd system but it is aluminum and they salt the roads here pretty good so im kind of leaning towards a stainless system. dont think the aluminum will hold up to the salt here?

·
Registered
235 Posts
i like the price on the fbd system but it is aluminum and they salt the roads here pretty good so im kind of leaning towards a stainless system. dont think the aluminum will hold up to the salt here?
Aluminum doesn't corrode?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I bough a Diamond Eye from JBarker on here, it's between the FBD and Silverline prices. I think any 5" is going to have some drone from what I've seen, but I could be wrong.
Drone should be way less if you have the muffler, which I'm considering adding. But I love romping on that bad boy next to gassers with their windows down. Waiting for a long road trip to see if I really want a muff...:peelout

1 - 20 of 34 Posts