Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would start this now even thought there are a few weeks left. I will be going up to silverlake sand dunes for memorial week end, may 21 through the 26th. We will be staying at the val-du camp ground. It is always a blast up there, SO who else is going?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'll chat with a few of my friends & see what's going on. I haven't been up there yet, we were going to go last year but when the state was talking about a shut down we all forgot about it & made other plans. I know my buddy's were talking about going this year though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'll be up there two weekends after that, June 6,7,8.

·
MI Chapter President
5,684 Posts
Ill be prepping for IRP that weekend but be on the lookout for a 2000 chevy blowin black smoke!! :peelout Its cummins powered!! and a good friend:thumbsup

Picked up the motor last weekend (VE motor to P7100 motor now)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill be prepping for IRP that weekend but be on the lookout for a 2000 chevy blowin black smoke!! :peelout Its cummins powered!! and a good friend:thumbsup

Picked up the motor last weekend (VE motor to P7100 motor now)
WoW that should be cool to see. I have been working on my suspension lift and will be till its time to go. Just hope I have enough time to get it done.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
i'm gonna try and get there this year, i might be able to go the 21st and the 25th due to work.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have such a good time that Im going up wensday in the truck, wifes coming up thursday in her car and saturday morning we will be driving her car 2.5 hours home to go to my inconsiderate cousins wedding then back up saturday night.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone else going to make it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just seen this and I'll be there June 20-22 with my jeep.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Are there camp grounds for campers, or can you dry camp on the dunes? Dirtbikes & quads are legal to ride there? I just moved here to MI from AZ and I got spoiled going to the dunes in Glamis. Its the only thing good about the Peoples Republic of California. I wanna goto Silverlake this summer to ride. Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Buddies and I will be heading to Silver Lake June 5-8 . We are staying at Val-du also. If your there i'll be towing a 4 place aluminum snowmoble trailer with 4 quads. For info about the ORV area check out: DNR - Silver Lake State Park Information

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey boys just a heads up. Val-du is no longer :CRY: Got a call from some lady today saying that they are now under new ownership and called Cottonwood Creek RV Resort Near Silver Lake, Michigan
BTW: it is no longer the party campground it once was either. Just a fyi :beer

·
Registered
153 Posts
Noway! :CRY:

:thud:
Very true !! They don't even know if the showers will be working...:ah: I'm bailing from this new place and just going to stay at the state park.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey boys just a heads up. Val-du is no longer :CRY: Got a call from some lady today saying that they are now under new ownership and called Cottonwood Creek RV Resort Near Silver Lake, Michigan
BTW: it is no longer the party campground it once was either. Just a fyi :beer
I was there for memorial day and they did say that it was their last week of owning the place. New security was around and all. I do not know where the hell we can still go to have a good time. Not everyone who goes up there is taking 2 kids and going to bed a 11:00. We were also told no drinking games after 11 while we were not even being loud. bunch of bs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts