Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was chasing for an offroad race today and as I was sitting in the pits, waiting for the race truck, I struck up a conversation with a guy with a new '08 Ford F-350. Had a Pro Comp lift on it and 35s. I asked him about the truck, how he liked it, etc. First off, he says, "Well, it's not like your Cummins, I can only get 9 mpg on the highway if I'm lucky." I explained that my truck had a 6.7 in it and that while it didn't get the mileage of a 5.9, that my truck, also with 35s, would get about 12 in town and 16 on the highway. He just shook his head and said, "Man, I should have bought a Dodge."

Later, as I waited to tow the race truck back to the pits, my truck was parked in a pretty deep ditch, rear axle at nearly full flex. Chevy HD owner (race truck driver) says, "Man...look at that suspension flex, and all the body lines are all still so straight. My HD would be twisted like a pretzel right now."

So see guys, it's not all doom and gloom.:woot:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I can second the mileage on the new Fords. Not good when diesel is over $4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts