Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i need some help tunning my truck im heading to a dyno soon but have to pay 4 only 3 runs so i need to kinda know where to start so i dont waste all 3 runs and not have it kinda dialed in. so i hooked up a nitrous system on my truck really really budget system but think it will probably be around a 100 hp single shot. and i have a 66mm silver bullet from ii. anyways i was wondering whats the max boost pressure you guys are running the silver bullet to. with no nitrous i bring it to 60 max but can i bring it higher with nitrous or do i want it to max out at 60? and what ever is the max 4 the turbo where should i set the wastegate 2 so the nitrous wont bring it over what ever you guys think is the limit? thanks 4 the help guys.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
how big of injectors are you running?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
180 hp injectors

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I'd say gate it at 70 and spin er' to 4K, a buddy of mine with a similar set up made alittle over 800 without NOS

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm. i thought the rule was i need to set the gate down low beacuse the nitrous will bring it over what you set it to? so like if i set the gate to 35 hit the nitrous would probably go to 50 pounds? or is that not correct?

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
it will go over, but the bullet should be able to handle that...maybe contact the dudes at II and see what they think...go straight to the source

·
I bleed diesel
1,340 Posts
hmmm. i thought the rule was i need to set the gate down low beacuse the nitrous will bring it over what you set it to? so like if i set the gate to 35 hit the nitrous would probably go to 50 pounds? or is that not correct?
This is true. It's best to set the gate lower for nitrous. I'd call one of the nitrous guys like Greg Hogue or Doug (Jetpilot) to figure out the best combination for power. Greg tuned Project X with Nitrous and a single Silver Bullet, and got it to 947 HP with smaller injectors. You can get a hold of Greg on CompD under the name Comp461.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts