Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the truck listed in my sig and was wanting to get myself a new turbo. Someone I know is selling a silver bullet 66 that I might be able to get a good deal on. I was just wondering what you guys think the drive ability will be on my truck. I figure I'll get bigger injectors and maybe some dv's of some sort later down the road.

·
VP of the dry side
4,217 Posts
Shouldn't be terrible with an auto. I have no first hand experience but should be terrible with an auto, blankets and dvs

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
533 Posts
I wouldn't think you'd have too much of a problem...will it be a little laggy, yes, but nothing you can't drive around. I ran a 66/74/14 on mine for a while, but then I ended up downsizing to a slightly smaller 64/74/14 and I absolutely love the switch!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just wondering if it would still have good manners driving around town. Or if you guys thought it would be way to leggy to deal with.

·
VP of the dry side
4,217 Posts
Should light a little about 2000-2200 rpm. You'll have to not be afraid to drive it and keep RPMs up

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't want my mileage to go right down the toilet. I understand I'm kinda talking both ends of the spectrum when I say 66 turbo and mileage but...if it's gonna go down the drain then maybe I won't run it.

·
VP of the dry side
4,217 Posts
It won't go down if you keep smoke to a minimum. At least I wouldn't think it would

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You just control the smoke with the skinny pedal. I don't tow so I figure it'll be alright.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.