Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took the siliencer ring out last night, took all of 2 minutes. Not to impressed with the out come. If the music is on you can't hear it, gonna cut the exhaust off Saturday hope this helps.

·
Registered
491 Posts
it will help a little but you wont really hear it untill you get a cold air

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
Well I took the siliencer ring out last night, took all of 2 minutes. Not to impressed with the out come. If the music is on you can't hear it, gonna cut the exhaust off Saturday hope this helps.
If you wanna hear some whistle you have to take out the silencers in your intake tube that runs between your filter and your turbo. This gave me a lot more whistle and I still have the stock box, with an AFE filter in it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so where is the baffles in the tube?????????

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
Hmmmmm.... maybe I spoke to soon. I don't know if the 2nd gens have them! Sorry!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will look tongight to see if there is anything else in there.

·
Premium Member
25,764 Posts
I don't believe the 2nd gen has baffles. But you will need to ditch the stock air box to get the full affect. :thumbsup

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
316 Posts
They don't have baffles that is in the 2003 and newer drill holes in the bottom of the box(not the top or you will dust your engine) or cut the bottom right off and you will hear that turbo whine:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
i dont know why but my 00' didnt have a silence ring, but anyway i have a s&b intake and it made a huge difference in whistle sound. But eventually you get used to it.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Do it right...

Straight piped and BHAF and it will really sing! :thumbsup

·
Registered
61 Posts
most def. need a intake set up to hear it but its so amazing when you blow past a ricer and all he hears comin is the whistle then ur exhaust.

·
Registered
148 Posts
if you just take off the silencer ring, and put on a BHAF, it will make a big differance over the stock filter?

why does the type of filter change sound? is it because its just flowing more air?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Yes, a BHAF or an intake like my AEM HD will flow a TON more air than the stock setup. Makes a helluva lot more noise too, which is actually pretty annoying towing if the radio is down and your having a conversation with someone in the truck.

Jason

1 - 14 of 14 Posts