Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a kit to upgrade all the hoses to silicone on a 05 but seem to not find a model specific kit when I search some suppliers and web... anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, thanks.. now the only problem is they are blew... my brother hates blue and probably wouldn't put them on just for the color reason... now I will just have to talk him into it

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Most hoses come blue. Not sure why, but that is all I could find when I was doing my twin piping. There are some black ones out there but they are hard to come by in a local area at least.

·
06 Cummins
1,620 Posts
Try giving Mr Bob a call, I have seen them in other colors, may be a special order from him ??

CD

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
If he doesn't plan on a lot of boost, Mr. Bob's might not be the way to go. Like I said, they are top of the line and they're more than likely blue because of the preferred materials he uses to ensure their longevity. He's not had a boot blow to date and very proud of that.

here are some others that are black..... silicon hump hoses

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Triton, yeah he's not running big boost, most the truck has reached it 42psi, but my brother also is one of the type that if its the best even if he doesn't need it he will put it on anyway...
I talked to him and he said if blue is all he can get then he will have to deal with it..

·
Registered
531 Posts
If he is only running 42 psi Just stay with the OEM boots. BD also sells them but they are blue.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
If he is only running 42 psi Just stay with the OEM boots. BD also sells them but they are blue.
:agree2: i hit 60 psi with mine all day long and the oem boots are still holding strong!

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I use Holset Boots. You buy them in feet or whatever design you want. Also, ANY COLOR YOU WANT as well. They held good at 92 psi and then the clamps start to fail on you.

3.5" is what you need!!!

Silicone Hose

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,109 Posts
I used garden hose and it held at 140psi with no problem :rof. I'll have to look into Mr. Bobs boots and see if he has them for singles for now then compounds for my 64/480...well that's my plan anywho.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I met Mr. Bob at a show...nice guy and great product! I bought a 4 pc. boot kit from him and am glad I did. He really knows his stuff and backs it up 100%

·
Registered
680 Posts
Call Bryan or Josh at Diesel Power Products, they have 4 ply silicone boost hoses in Blue, Red, or Black, lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts