Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do the first gens have silencer rings? i didnt think so but i keep seeing people saying they removed theirs?

·
Registered
916 Posts
lol the stock h1c does not have a silencer ring

·
First Generation Moderator
2,224 Posts
do the first gens have silencer rings? i didnt think so but i keep seeing people saying they removed theirs?
I suppose, in this day of age, you should be asked; "What for turbo does your truck have"

Lord knows it could be most anything these days.................

Reactions: torqmonster

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah stock h1c.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
then no, no silencer ring.
but you can get a upgrade from gds that has map slots {which will give you whistle}. dogs dont like it thou
ch

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha screw the dogs i like the "jet engine effect"

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
You don't need any gimmicks for that, the H1C whistles and barks pretty loudly with a 4" exhaust.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would start off by cutting the muffler off and running straight pipe. The muffler does a great job at making these engines quiet, so without it you will be so much happier (might not be able to say that for your neighbors, tho:confused013:)

·
Registered
501 Posts
hey-Hey!!!,
No silencer ring without map width enhancement slots. I put an HX35 on, without the silencer ring and was hoping for some nice whistle...and got no more noise than the baby H1C had...:doh: Perhaps a new exhaust and modified airbox will help...heh-heh-heh.
cheers,
Douglas

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya i replaced the air filter with a k&n and hole-sawed ten 2" holes in the airbox... now she whistles! :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts