Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone post step by step instructions on how to remove the silencer ring in the turbo? :drool2: Pictures are appreciated too! Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
take a flat head pull the air box tube off the front of the turbo. look in the turbo youll see a c clip going around the turbo housing pull that c clip out and the ring will be loose just take it out and put the air box tube right back on. done

·
Some-Sho Some-Go
1,621 Posts
take a flat head pull the air box tube off the front of the turbo. look in the turbo youll see a c clip going around the turbo housing pull that c clip out and the ring will be loose just take it out and put the air box tube right back on. done
It may take a few tries to get the c clip out. On one end of the clip there is a place you can pry it out with a flat head. Once you get the clip out of the groove just take a pair of pliers and give a good yank! Other then that pretty straight forward!

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, I'll give it a go today after school, thanks guys! :yourock:

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
Where ya from in Texas?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
South East of San Antonio, little place called La Vernia! :p

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Opened up the turbo housing and looked inside....and didnt quite match up the pictures to see where the ring was exactly. I dont know a lot about it yet, but I can follow directions fairly well!

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
It should look just like the picture. Get a little pick and screw driver and just work it out.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i would not pull it out if i was you the turbo whistle may pierce your ear drums and you may meed a new trans from all the power :hehe:

·
Registered
368 Posts
What do increase if you do pull this ring out ?
hes joken i thank just the sound of it makes you fell faster because the turbo sounds louder

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In that C-shaped groove, is there something in there that is taken out? When I took off the housing, Thats basically all I saw. Not a real clear view of it. For all I know, the ring may already be out lol! But my turbo isn't loud as i'v heard them soo...

·
Registered
285 Posts
In that C-shaped groove, is there something in there that is taken out? When I took off the housing, Thats basically all I saw. Not a real clear view of it. For all I know, the ring may already be out lol! But my turbo isn't loud as i'v heard them soo...
probably has allready been removed get twins if you want to be annoyed by a jet plane taxiing under your hood while you drive :lol4:

·
Registered
256 Posts
probably has allready been removed get twins if you want to be annoyed by a jet plane taxiing under your hood while you drive :lol4:
Yeah, or the right single... Sounds like a F18 under taxing under the hood... And of course the bark when shifting...

Chase

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you put in a boost elbow, the hose just runs straight to the wastegate correct?

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
Yes, you replace your factory elbow with an adjustable one.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey I can see the silencer ring now, just how the hell do I get it out of there?: I took a flathead and tried to pry it out with no success! Could someone tell me how they got theirs out without breaking anything??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Go back to the original picture and you'll see there is only one real good direction to go from it due to the taper on the snap ring. If you go from the wrong direction (what I did before I noticed that taper), you'll struggle with it all night. Once I got that figured out, it popped right out......

·
Registered
886 Posts
when you get done with the ring, take the insullation off of the hood (if there is any) and it will add to the noise factor!

:headbang:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.