Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many out there have actually had their stock in-tank fuel pumps go out and what were the signs. I'm not sure whether to upgrade to a Fass or AD. My stock pump has a few miles on it now but seems to be doing fine. Wonder if it's just a matter of time before I'm dead on a roadside somewhere. Although the aftermarkets offer a lifetime warranty, they are not bulletproof either from what I hear.

·
Registered
161 Posts
From what I understand you will need a fuel pressure gauge to know. In either case you will not be stranded on the side of the road with the in tank pump… if it dies on ya the cp3 will pull fuel through the dead pump

·
Registered
61 Posts
stock pump

I am right in the middle of this right now, my truck died on me then started back up the first time, the other day almost left me stranded. I have been told when it dies its the pump and a bad apps will stay running.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I am right in the middle of this right now, my truck died on me then started back up the first time, the other day almost left me stranded. I have been told when it dies its the pump and a bad apps will stay running.
Has your truck already been converted to the in-tank pump? How many miles?

·
Registered
61 Posts
stock pump

I don't know if it was converted, just that the pump is not behind the fuel filter. I have had the truck for about 6 months and the milage is at 97K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.