Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I signed off on the buyers order for a new 2500 SLT CTD, (reg. cab. 4X4, anti-spin,side curtain airbags, fog lights, auto trans, 3.73, ALW pop. equip group, trailer tow group, protect group, block heater, power tow mirrors, rear window defrost plus some other stuff).

Special order truck just like I want it. (smaller discounts on special orders than buying off the lot, would be $500. less off the lot, but they don't make many reg cabs in SLT).

$34,316, (about $10,000 under MSRP), that's with a $500. Farm Bureau discount. I have farm bureau house insurance, and membership is $35., wow, that paid off pretty well.

Get back to the states from the sandbox in July, and it should be ready for pickup then.:hyper:

Just hope I can afford to put fuel in it by then.:thud:

·
Registered
573 Posts
congrats on your new rig!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. Wow, from Abu Dhabi, UAE to the White Mountains.. what a change!

·
Banned
393 Posts
Congrats...and thanks for your service

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah from h*ll to heaven!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! Thanks for your service to our country!

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
I saw the thread saying "signed the papers" and I thought it was about something good like divorce papers:lol3::lol3:!! Congrats on the new ride:thumbsup!! As far as the fuel issue just bring some home from that $hit box over there. That's the least you deserve. Hell, IMO the dealership should give you the truck for what you are doing. Stay safe and a big THANKS!!:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Mod Maniac
132 Posts
May you be shielded and protected by almighty God
as you fight for your country.

Semper FI!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Hard work is payin off! Congrats and thanks!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A dealer in Phoenix?

No, I'm making the pilgrimage to Dave Smith in Kellogg, Idaho.

Plan to take a 10 day trip with a buddy, trade in his junker and return in style.

If I was in charge, I'd put a dirty nuke perimeter around the oil fields to keep the crazies out and then bring every tanker we have and fill'er up!

"Kick their a**:butt:, and take their gas."

Thanks for your support, but I'm not doing anything too dangerous now (2 digit midget). Just a "remf".

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ordered mine in the desert as well. Got $10,000 off MSRP. Might have been able to get a better deal elsewhere if I tried, but I sure liked being able to order the truck to my specifications. Plus AAFES will refund your deposit if your orders change drastically. It's nice to see service members getting hooked up with good deals from time to time.

Congrats on the truck. Looking forward to picking mine up as well.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Get back to the states from the sandbox in July, and it should be ready for pickup then.:hyper:

Just hope I can afford to put fuel in it by then.:thud:[/QUOTE]

So, just to make us all feel bad, how much is a gallon of diesel fuel in the UAE right now in USD?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I thankyou very much for your service to our country! And congrats on the best truck, hands down, of any in its class.

Mike

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, just to make us all feel bad, how much is a gallon of diesel fuel in the UAE righ

Diesel here is almost $4.00 a gallon.:CRY:

Unbelievable, but these GREEDY kings. sheiks, emirs etc,:butt: who own the oil companies aren't satisfied with having 20 billion a year personal income.

there are lots of little guys that are hurt by that.

In Saudi Arabia, diesel is less than a buck a gallon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts