Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sid emolding I know comes in chrome or black, but did it also come painted to match the rest of the body? I don't think it did in 08, but maybe in a previous year 3rd gen?

My dealer knicked my truck, I dont trust them to paint it and have it match 100%....so I am considering having them touch it up, and then install the moldings. This would cover the knick totally.

I would prefer if the moldings were painted mineral grey so it matched. I don't know if they ever made them like that? or if i have just seen a few guys who had them painted like I am considering doing.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I believe they only come in chrome or matte black when you buy them.

Would have to get them painted to match.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe they only come in chrome or matte black when you buy them.

Would have to get them painted to match.
I actually just got a call back fromt he dealer, they can't even find black for megas , i guess the mega only comes in chrome. Damn! I may have to piant them min. grey to match. Kinda dig the stealthy look.

You get down to pick up your package yet?

I next day aired it.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
I'm having a similar issue I want the black ones. None of the catalogs I've look in seem to have them. Only Chrome. I wonder if a later year would be the same?
I seem to recall a ebay seller that could paint.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I actually just got a call back fromt he dealer, they can't even find black for megas , i guess the mega only comes in chrome.
I've got buddy with a 08 gasser mineral gray mega and his side moldings are black.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
get the black, any good shp can color maych very easy.

·
Registered
447 Posts
BOOOST & Dad,

They do make black molding for the MEGA, its a lonely part# not with the rest for some reason.

The front doors are the same between a Reg, Quad, Mega Cab. Do the back doors open up far enough on the Mega to cause interference with the front moldings?

The back doors are were the part#'s start to jive. They have black & chrome moldings for the Mega but only chrome for the quad's...

Front Door # is :
55077170AC (Right)
55077171AC (Left)

Back Door (MEGA) # is:
55077816AB (Left & Right)

BOOOST, yes I went down on Tuesday like a bat out of hell and got it before they closed, its installed and being enjoyed.
And BTW you didn't have to next day air it, that was very nice of you!!!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
my NEW qc has black

·
Registered
145 Posts
I also wanted the black moldings. Went to the dealer and ordered what I thought were going to be black turned out to be chrome when I made it home. Took them back to get the black and was informed that it would cost 363.68 for the black look. The chrome look great!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
BOOOST & Dad,

They do make black molding for the MEGA, its a lonely part# not with the rest for some reason.

The front doors are the same between a Reg, Quad, Mega Cab. Do the back doors open up far enough on the Mega to cause interference with the front moldings?

The back doors are were the part#'s start to jive. They have black & chrome moldings for the Mega but only chrome for the quad's...

Front Door # is :
55077170AC (Right)
55077171AC (Left)

Back Door (MEGA) # is:
55077816AB (Left & Right)

BOOOST, yes I went down on Tuesday like a bat out of hell and got it before they closed, its installed and being enjoyed.
And BTW you didn't have to next day air it, that was very nice of you!!!
Thanks for the P/N's! My dealer hates me....I keep calling them insisting they exist...now I have proof! LOL

Good, glad you got it and are enjoying it. Hope everything looked good and was to your liking. Ahh, I knew you wanted it on or before the weekend, and I figured shipping it that way woudl ensure you would have it by then!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
get the black, any good shp can color maych very easy.
Thats the plan now. Just have them painted to match, and maybe have a couple other things color matched:thumbsup:

Pics to follow when its all done:headbang:

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got as Quad-Cab. :banghead: Don't want the chrome.

Mag Dabbit!
dodgeparts.com shows them in black....howvere I am unsure if they can still get them, they also showed the Mega's in black, and when I called to inquire they informed me they no longer were able to get them.

Body side moldings quad cab textured flat black

to see all your options for colors, etc...go to ram 03-08, then click on outside, then outside appearance items.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thanks for the P/N's! My dealer hates me....I keep calling them insisting they exist...now I have proof! LOL

Good, glad you got it and are enjoying it. Hope everything looked good and was to your liking. Ahh, I knew you wanted it on or before the weekend, and I figured shipping it that way woudl ensure you would have it by then!
Yeah my local dealer is good as long as they don't have to look up the part#, if they do, I'll never get anything.

The UPS store is closed on Sun, I have to get my truck fixed AGAIN on Saturday morning, and its a 45min drive to Ogdensburg. Only option was a weekday if I wanted to play.

I've got as Quad-Cab. :banghead: Don't want the chrome.

Mag Dabbit!
Chromes not all bad, I still haven't put my chrome back on, kind of debating if I will or not.

·
Registered
102 Posts
you guys should post up a wanted add for these. I had black on my qc and when I took them off they went right in the garbage. maybe if you ask for removed ones you can get them for the shipping cost.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts