Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys ive done searching and cant find any thread that sounds like my problem some so im gonna start my own, i got a 02 24v cummins, pretty much stock engine with a banks automind programmer and the tranny has been rebuilt with triple disc converter, billet input and output, all new clutches and improver kit in the valve body,just replaced the carrier bearing and all u joints are good,and the axle ratio is 3.55. my problem is im cruising at 50 to 60 mph i think the rpms are around 1800 to 2000, in O/D not in cruise crontrol ( i never use cruise control when im towing), my foot is on the pedal, pulling a 5000lbs loaded trailer, the truck shutters when i go up any type of grade, now i do either one of two things, when it does shutter i give it more throttle and it goes right away or if its a steep hill i take it outta overdrive and it goes away, and it only shutters between 50 to 60 mph never at 65 or 70 cruises down the road with the same load at any grade no problem. theres no check engine light on or any idiot lights on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
okay guys ive done searching and cant find any thread that sounds like my problem some so im gonna start my own, i got a 02 24v cummins, pretty much stock engine with a banks automind programmer and the tranny has been rebuilt with triple disc converter, billet input and output, all new clutches and improver kit in the valve body,just replaced the carrier bearing and all u joints are good,and the axle ratio is 3.55. my problem is im cruising at 50 to 60 mph i think the rpms are around 1800 to 2000, in O/D not in cruise crontrol ( i never use cruise control when im towing), my foot is on the pedal, pulling a 5000lbs loaded trailer, the truck shutters when i go up any type of grade, now i do either one of two things, when it does shutter i give it more throttle and it goes right away or if its a steep hill i take it outta overdrive and it goes away, and it only shutters between 50 to 60 mph never at 65 or 70 cruises down the road with the same load at any grade no problem. theres no check engine light on or any idiot lights on.
You're in the 2nd gen forum FYI. kinda sounds like it could be your waste gate is getting worn out. try clamping the hose off but watch your boost.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sounds like trans slipping maybe

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Might want to see about getting this moved to the 24v section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.