Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I had a real bad shutter in the front end when I put on the brakes. I just replaced the rotors and pads and it got rid of most of it.

My front end still shutters under hard braking now though. What else could be causing this?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Steering stabalizer's shot, maybe the ball joints are bad, or possibly the tie rod ends. Shocks are wasted. Do you ever get the death wobble at speed?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's the weird part. It drives straight as an arrow down the highway, no speed wobble at all. Steering feels tight as well. It just shutters when I hit the brakes. I have to apply them fairly hard now to get it to do it. Could it be wheel bearings? How else could I check?

·
Registered
393 Posts
It could be the bearings. How did you get the rotors off? Seriously hammering on them on the rotors can damage the bearings. This happened to me.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could be the bearings. How did you get the rotors off? Seriously hammering on them on the rotors can damage the bearings. This happened to me.

No hammering at all. I used a puller

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I know you put new rotors on but I can almost gaurantee your rotors are not perfectly true. Get them turned just a little. Tell the guy they are new and you want to see if they are perfectly true. Go to NAPA or a place that you know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts