Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone notice a shutter cruising around 35- 40 mph. my truck is an 08 dodge 3500 mega cab long :$: bed, auto.

·
Registered
90 Posts
mine does it sometimes when I am in 6th gear and then it downshifts and TAKES OFF...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wonder if anyone notice a shutter cruising around 35- 40 mph. my truck is an 08 dodge 3500 mega cab long :$: bed, auto.
Yep, mine does it to. I basically have zero mods (only an AFE drop in filter). It did it before the filter also. I have 7k on the truck and its always done it. I'm going to take it in and see if the latest software flash fixes it.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I believe it has to do with the EGR opening up and closing the intake off. When that happens it causes a shudder. I could be wrong but i am yet to notice any sort of hesitation since mine has been gone. I did notice it on occasion before though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Did Dodge decide to make a megacab long box or do you have the modification done?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wonder if its the converter locking and unlocking

i set the edge to show me when the converter was locked and of course it did not do it on that short drive.. I will check it again today and tomorrow.. and see. I am wondering if it has anything to do with my "DIY" intake.. I made sure all sensors were hooked up and facing the right direction... If it dont clear up today or tomorrow I am gonna tear the intake off..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts