Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've readyou canuse a vw solenoid on the ve pump,I went to dieselvw.com but which one is it?:confused013:

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
If you have done any pump mods it won't last very long, i have heard some don't last 1 week.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I've read you can use a vw solenoid on the ve pump. I went to dieselvw.com, but which one is it? :confused013:
Yes. VW uses a 4-cylinder version of the rotary VE injection pump. With that exception, the VE is the same for the most part.

Here's a FSS for a good price: VW Diesel Injector Injection Pump Start Stop Solenoid - eBay (item 390282016315 end time Feb-18-11 17:58:00 PST)

As has been pointed out above, if you're replacing one that's had it's rubber tip torn, it's most likely due to the main fuel screw (Smoke-screw, Star-wheel, fuel-pin won't do it) being turned up (we all do it). The problem with that is that with using stock injectors, there's residual pressure in the head/rotor that in the right conditions, can bleed back and damage the new part the same way when coming off a wide-open throttle.

One can modify the FSS plunger so it's less susceptible to damage, but it's a 50/50 thing pending how YOUR engine is set up.

The best fix for damaging FSS solenoids in an injection pump that's had its main fuel screw turned up is to add larger injectors. Doing so reduces the peak pressures in the H/R such that the FSS is less likely to be damaged again.

Hope this comes across understandably. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
everything is stock except injectors, truck shutsoff some times, thinkin its the solenoid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts