Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went and got a 07 3500 mega cab 4x2 laramie with 22.5 semi wheels.... gas mileage is around 12mpg it seems, speedo seems about 11 mph off... no upgrades yet but afe stage 2 intake will be here tuesday...

local dealer has been trying to sell me a 08 2500 fully loaded laramie 4x4 mega cab for $46000.....

since same motor is in both, i dont pull anything heavy... if i get a good trade in value, should i put some extra cash and go with the 08?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i paid 35k for mine... dealers is 46000 out the door TTT

·
Registered
592 Posts
Brand new 08? If so, 4X4 would be the kicker for me. Its a must have. But Personally, I like the 5.9L better, Thats just me, I can't leave anything alone, ever. Gotta have that HP. And if its a laramie that sets you up a little better in the long run for Re-sale, and the fact that the sticker says its a year newer.

·
Unreconstructed
6,478 Posts
I didn't pay but $35,500 for mine...out the door! BRAND NEW! and if you figure in my $15,500 trade in value, then I didn't pay but $20,000 for the damn thing!

If I were you, I'd do the trade...however, I would change a few things first!

1. I would mention to him,"Ahem, have you happened to see the current price of diesel fuel lately? If so, then there is no way in HELL that I am going to pay you $46K for this truck! I WILL give you $35K, minus my trade in value (which should be around $25K)!"

That is what I would do! But that's just me! I could sell a fridgidaire to an Eskimo, and talk the coat off his back, then make him buy it back from me...so, I've been known to get a good deal, or two, in my day! Haha!

·
Registered
861 Posts
only 12 mpg? wow. ill stick to the 5.9

·
Unreconstructed
6,478 Posts
Yeah, I was getting 9.2 mpg when I took mine into the DS on Friday! My downpipe broke...yes, you heard right...my factory downpipe actually broke clean from the 3-bolt flange where it meets up with the DPF's!!! Which caused my sensors to not read right, which then caused the sensors to mess up, and now they need replacing too! Anyone else had that happen!? Probably not? This is just another example of my awesome luck!

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
With a few emmission delete mods you will get alot better I am getting around 20 mpg now

·
Unreconstructed
6,478 Posts
Yeah, I know, but I don't have the money to go any of this stuff right now? It sucks! I wish I had the money to make the kind of power your truck does!!!!!!!! Then mine would be awesome!

Is there any way you could send me a PM on what brands and product #'s are on your truck?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well as i figured, going to the dealer was a waste of time.... they said they only wanted to give me 25k for the truck... hahahahaha... considering i just paid 37k for it just a few days before.... they said the truck was 22800 trade in but yet on paper he said they would give me 25k... bunch of BS! found out the truck really is just an SLT model and not laramie but has aftermarket full leather throughout and the wheels... so he put in about 8k worth of aftermarket.. so even if the owner bought the truck for 25-27k new, with 8k mods brings it to 33k-35k which is what i bought it at....

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I could sell a fridgidaire to an Eskimo, and talk the coat off his back, then make him buy it back from me...so, I've been known to get a good deal, or two, in my day! Haha!
so you are basically a low life leech? :T: :popcorn: hahahahahahahahah

1 - 10 of 10 Posts