Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wandering if I should wait for the code free or go ahead and buy now and update later? Also what kinda mileage will I see with the dpf delete. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Depends on what you want to do? If you buy a system now you will also need to get the Edge monitor to delete codes on start up unless you don't mind having a CEL on all of the time. If you want to increase your HP with the Edge, then go ahead and get the whole system now.

If you don't want CEL's and you don't have any other reason to buy the Edge, then wait a month or so and get the code free system.

Some people that have deleted DPF's are seeing no or little MPG improvement while others report a 3-4 MPG improvement.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I plan on getting the egde later on down the road.

·
Registered
179 Posts
some thing to think about. If you wait for the code free you may be waiting a long time even after it is on the market. I don't know how prepared the company is going to be but you can expect that they will have a back order if you aren't one of the lucky first. If you wait for the complete TBE they may have a back order on the pipe or even the box if you order now you will only have to wait for the box

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kinda codes will it throw without the dpf? Will it cause my truck to lose power?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
You should get no derating of the engine, the codes will be soft codes.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So should I be ok to run the dpf delete with out using the edge even with the codes?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
yes, you should be fine

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you see any increase in fuel mileage with just the dpf delete?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have gotten a 3-4 mpg increase with 95% city driving

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I have gotten a 3-4 mpg increase with 95% city driving
What level do you have your edge set on?

Also, do you have an egr delete?

Do you have 4" or 5" pdf delete?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts