Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 2002 2500 quad cab LB 4x4 with an auto and 83000 miles at a local used dealership. the truck in my sig has 126,000 and the gear housing to block gasket,oil pan and head gasket are dripping oil all over the place.what do yall think if i could get em to trade me for mine.the 2002 is seeping a little bit on the front of the engine as well and looks like it pulled some pretty good loads (has a gooseneck hitch).if I dont trade I am going to put $2500 into mine for cam headstuds,valve springs,gaskets etc. if I do trade all my goodies are going to get put on the new truck.the only think i can think I'll be gaining is an auto trans. and fewer miles,only to have the same problems later on.:banghead::confused013:

·
SNAFU
3,369 Posts
Personally I wouldn't swap, you know the history of the truck you got, the other truck really doesn't have that many fewer miles than the one you got, and its got an auto. You said it looks like it has been worked hard so chances are you are gonna be putting a new tranny in it, been there with an '01 at 115,000 miles. I would keep your truck just because you have the standard, I hate autos.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinda my thoughts as well.

·
On call 24/7
12,574 Posts
Keep what ya got and fix it up like you want it. If you want an auto I bet there are 100 people on here that would trade ya trannies.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The way I see it, an auto is a downgrade, unless you've got a good valve body and converter to throw in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts