Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help I bought a 03 Cummins and it has a Edge EZ 70 horsepower chip in it. But it does not have any gauges. Is this something I should look into right away or can I get them later on? Ive put a 4 inch exaust "turbo back" and a air intake on the truck. I regulary pull horses, 4 wheelers, camp trailer and a little farm work. :help

·
Registered
167 Posts
Gauges are a must, at least EGT's and boost. trans temp if your and auto. Isspro makes a set that matches the white dodge faces real nice. just ask the site vendors for a price:peelout:beer

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 6 speed so i dont need to worry about a tran temp. Should I go with an Edge Attidude gauge or will regular gauges good enough?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes....Yes.....Yes

Get gauges. Even with an Edge Ez, your exhaust temps could get elevated.

·
If you aint 1st..Ure LAST
2,301 Posts
gauge pillar looks cooler than the attitude to me but you can moitor more with the edge. your choice.

·
Registered
167 Posts
7nl Cummins

fill out your sig so we know what your driving. It'll help you get better info. :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Any time you modify the fuel going into the gauges to monitor it

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What gauges would you prefer? and why?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
a pillar full of pods looks better... but the Edge with attitude monitor is the idea of simplicity it allows you to monitor 9 diff things of your choosing (4 at a time)... so its kinda each person's preference

·
Registered
278 Posts
7nl Cummins

Exhaust gas temperature gauge at minimum (to see how hot things are getting under the hood).:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
guages are a must

atleast EGT and FP

boost is nice to have along trans temp and rail pressure is nice if your putting down big power

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
I would recommend gauges on a stock truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts