Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im looking at getting a dodge diesel and i have an opportunity to buy the following...

1998 4wd quad cab long bed 24v 5spd for $7500

odometer reads 260k engine has slightly less, it was rebuilt due to oil pump failure (it seized up)

5th gear nut was fixed and trans rebuilt recently, along with the transfer case. has new shocks, ball joints, drag link.

What do you guys think?? im new to diesel but this seems like a good deal blue book is about 10k for the truck.

·
SuperDuperMod
2,816 Posts
seems like a decent deal to me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
How Long Has It Been Since The Injection Pump Has Been Changed? And Why Is He Selling It

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How Long Has It Been Since The Injection Pump Has Been Changed? And Why Is He Selling It

Dont know about the injector pump although i can find out. he is selling it because he found a good deal on an 02 HO with 85k on it.

He has owned it since new and he was done all the work on it himself (i totally trust his work so thats not an issue)

·
Registered
96 Posts
If He Has Had It Since New An Has Kept It For That Long It Sounds Like A Good Deal I Can't Remeber If They Had A 53 Block In Some Of The 98's Or Not? A 53 Block Is Know To Crack

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
I say go for it. Yeah if it is a 53 block be careful, they are known for cracking but that is also rare and most of the time the crack can be fixed. 7500 is a pretty good price.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its actually a family members truck and he is letting me drive it for a week so i'll see how i like it...

Im thinking it will be a huge change from my 01 Mustang Bullitt...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, i got to drive the truck for a week and i think it is awesome, so im just waiting to sell my Bullitt. Other than 4.80 a gallon diesel and a tank thats at least twice the size of mine i think i will be really happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts