Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm new here and need some advice. I am going to check out this x-cab 1992 truck next week and want to know what to look for in terms of its quality and worth. Over the phone the salesman said it had some rust and runs well. They are asking 4,900 and it has 210,XXX miles, Cummings Turbo Diesel, and Banks turbo. It obviously has some dents and stuff. What kind of things should I inspect?

Pic attached i hope...

Thanks, newbi dave

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
:welcome: One thing I would definately want to know is did they do anything else other then that banks turbo. Also how well is that transmission doing. Ask them if the KDP (killer dowl pin) has been tabbed. Here is some reading on that:

1997 Dodge Ram KDP - Diesel Power Magazine

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
just follow your gut instinct..youll know if its right or not

and also..its a cummins..no G

·
Registered
97 Posts
check for the KDP like rufushusky said, and just check other general stuff, you can tell how a trucks been treated just by looking at it sometimes. the first gens are some of the best looking trucks out there if they are in nice shape.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
check for the KDP like rufushusky said, and just check other general stuff, you can tell how a trucks been treated just by looking at it sometimes. the first gens are some of the best looking trucks out there if they are in nice shape.
Thank-you all so much for the quick response. I will follow through on your advice and post updates on how the test drive was, more questions and pics. The price seems high.

·
Registered
97 Posts
yea probly just a bit high on that old of a truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts