Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I was going to buy this 2004 ctd, but I came to a little problem. :CRY: I car faxed it and it came back as having two owners and the 2nd owner had it repossessed from him. I don't know about you guys, but I've seen repo's before and I wouldn't have taken any of them if you gave them to me for free cause I seen what was done to them. the truck looks fine, but many many things can be done with out body damage. I know from experience. The dealer didn't tell me about this either.
No warranty and for 20000 and 4 hours away, I better make pretty dam sure I am not buying junk.

What should I do here?

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Me i would keep looking... sometimes people fall on hard times and have to give it back, but most of the time if they can't make the payment they can afford the maintance ether.... Sorry Cummins blue...

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,664 Posts
yeah, i would keep lookin too.
there's tons of these out there for sale and
most are at a decent price, at least here in tx.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol texas is just alittle far away for me to go. But do you guys understand where i'm coming from? I've see things happen, hell i've seen the re po man come and get a rubicon and it not have seats, top, doors, and transfer case and drive shafts. so god only knows. i'll show you the link.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Keep looking. With the fuel prices the way they are, people are trading in good trucks every day! You should be able to find a nice one that has a better background!!!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Its pretty dirty underneath. And it has a lot of rock chips behind the rear tires. I'd keep lookin.

·
HI
3,442 Posts
yeah keep lookin man

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
it looks like it got romped pretty hard...at least based on the pics underneath

and the rock chips mean they were flingin up quite a bit and thats not really easy on stock tires

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
thanks for all the input guys. My only problem is I put down a 1000 bucks deposit, so i have to go at least look at it and then get my 1000 back. I didn't know it was repossessed until after i did the deposit. Dam pictures can be deceiving.

·
Registered
199 Posts
your truck is out there somewhere. it took me 12 months to find my 10 year beater(she is pretty nice) hope you find what you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Keep looking.:w:

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
:agree2:if they couldnt afford the truck they probably skimped on maintenance. Hang in there and good luck:thumbsup

·
HI
3,442 Posts
well guys, I bid you a due. I will reactivate my account upon finally purchasing one. Thanks for all the help
you dont have to deactivate your account just because you dont have one yet. stay on here that way you can learn about them before you actually get one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts