Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have one for a 2007 5.9 six Speed?
If so How much.
You can Pm me if you would like
Thanks
John

·
Registered
228 Posts
pm me 2 thanks wes

·
Registered
86 Posts
From what I have read, no one will make one for us guys with the G56. They say it would/will cost too much to produce and sell. It sucks, cuz I want one too.

Thomas S.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WTF How can it be any different than making one for any other truck?
That sucks if it is true.
There was to be a way to do something
Where is FARMBOYDIESEL? Maybe he can make something

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
i just do red-lined sixth gear launches so i dun gotta shift

·
Registered
228 Posts
sooo...... anybody know

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
From what I have read, no one will make one for us guys with the G56. They say it would/will cost too much to produce and sell. It sucks, cuz I want one too.

Thomas S.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys, I was on holidays.

Like Thomas said above, they are not available, the demand and cost of the kit does not justify the development at this time. Never say never but with the R&D guys so busy with the 6.7L I would not expect it any time soon.

Sorry guys

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
can you just cut the shifter in half and add a hurst t... that'd hafta help some,

I want a short shift kit for my truck, Hurst T handle is coming very soon... laying around from an old drag Camaro....

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys, I was on holidays.

Like Thomas said above, they are not available, the demand and cost of the kit does not justify the development at this time. Never say never but with the R&D guys so busy with the 6.7L I would not expect it any time soon.
Just my thought on it but umm how can it be that hard to make compared to any other tranny

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Just my thought on it but umm how can it be that hard to make compared to any other tranny

Estimated sales to cover R&D time, tooling costs, materials, labour, testing etc... would be at least 200 units. This would also pull the R&D guys off the priority projects slated for the 2007-2008 trucks, like exhaust brakes, turbos, chips, transmission etc..

The 03-04 would need a different kit than the 04.5 to 07 and we have not even looked at the 08 manual transmissions yet?

Tell ya what, pre-sell 100 of each kits for me and I will get the R&D guys started?
:butt:

·
Registered
228 Posts
dont you sell one for the 03-04 trucks they didnt have the g-56 and since they used the g-56 since 04.5 till now i dont think selling 200 will be a problem and my 08 still has the g-56

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tell ya what, pre-sell 100 of each kits for me and I will get the R&D guys started?
There are like 10 guys on here that siad they want one and I am sure there will be plenty more. And I thought to that they still use it in the 08 plus who knows how long they will continue to use the g56 so I think it would end up paying you guys.
Anyway I saw a 3rd gen drag race and he had to of had something he was shifting fast as an auto. I tried my fastest but was not even close to him. It can't be cuz I just suck either lol

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
I am sure its not you, those 6 speeds are hard to shift, someone needs to come up with a short shifter or something!!! :lol3:

okay, okay... you guys have made your point, I have taken this thread to the R&D's guys. I would like to be able to offer one but my job is to sell not design, so I am going to try and sell this to the R&D team for ya guys. I am at the mercy of the engineers and you know what they can be like!!

just kidding JT :T:

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I would buy one for a 07.5 G56

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am sure its not you, those 6 speeds are hard to shift, someone needs to come up with a short shifter or something!!!

okay, okay... you guys have made your point, I have taken this thread to the R&D's guys. I would like to be able to offer one but my job is to sell not design, so I am going to try and sell this to the R&D team for ya guys. I am at the mercy of the engineers and you know what they can be like!!
Well thanks for your time whether you get on done or not.
FYI I know of about 10 other guys on another Forum how are also looking for one. You get it made and I will give you the other site to sell to them also. But it might cost you a discount lol

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I'd buy one!

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Okay the verdict is in from R&D, the design would require so many part changes that the cost would put it well over $700.00 to design not including labour and tooling.

Have you even looked at one, here ya go, take a look. Proof that we have looked at it.

I am gone we can finish this discussion on Monday :beer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Trust me everyone is getting a 6 speed now a days and they will want one Almost all do. You guys will make your money off of them

1 - 20 of 69 Posts