Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me 2002 Ram 2500 2 WD Auto.

114000 miles. Looking for a shop to check out the trannie and possibly do some transfer pump mods. Also to look it over.

No problems -seems to run real good. I bought it to haul 35' travel trailers from Oregon to Northern AZ in June. I've towed a couple of Pickups while I moved with no issues. Ran cool - warmed up just a little pulling a load up hill at 80 mph but did not come close to getting hot temp guage wise.

I've read all the transfer pump problems - wondering if I should just change it out or add a second transfer pump kit or go the fass system. It's stock - will Basically stay that way - minor upgrades over time. I just want to check it out before I hit the long road. Hopefully fix it at not on the road.

Any Ideas - any recommendations??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I should of called the transfer pump a lift pump. I am surprised no one has answered - Is this a Phoenix only site???? I'm new to it and new to the Dodge.

LBM:hyper:

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I left Chino Valley 6 years ago there was only 1 stop light.... I am sure somewhere in Prescott there has to be a good shop.... sorry I haven't been down that way for 2 years... I have family in Chino still but they all drive gassers.... guess you will have to check the yellow pages....

·
Banned
275 Posts
I deal with Iron Springs up there in prescott valley. They can do a lot, if they can't do your work though, they will know who can.

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
don't mean to highjack, but where's the place to go here in the valley?

·
Banned
275 Posts
All the diesel performance you can handle for the cummins is Strickly Diesel here in Phoenix....480-922-8768

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
thanks Dunes, just to clarify, we do maintanance and all vehicle repairs to diesel trucks, dodge, ford, or chevy, some vw, and mb vehicles, with all that come modifications/performance work, we do that as well, Strictly Diesel, 480-922-8768
give us a call!

·
Registered
165 Posts
We are in the Cottonwood area. Unlimited Automotive and 777Customs. We do maintenance, service and repair on all makes of vehicle up to 5 ton. We also do alignments, nitrous refilling, A/C, computer diagnostic, and customizing. 928-634-6151 Call us anytime.

·
Registered
193 Posts
A friend of mine in Flagstaff owns a diesel shop, I believe its called Northern Arizona Diesel. His name is Jay Randall, good guy and very knowledgeable. They are right next to the mall, look them up in the yellow pages. Not 100% sure that is the name of their shop though, but I know his name is on the add.

777customs, where in cottonwood are you guys? I live in Clarkdale, and never heard of your shop. I guess me doing my own work I never really pay attention :rolleyes:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I went to school with Jay. He is very good.

My shop is on 6th st next to Custom Muffler. We just opened up about a year ago.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate it.:hyper:

LBM

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I deal with Iron Springs up there in prescott valley. They can do a lot, if they can't do your work though, they will know who can.

Any idea where they are in PV - I've been there but don't know the place that well??

Thanks

LBM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts